We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Zanzibar

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Umhlanga Rocks...
reviews: 22
Moving to Zanzibar

Hi, my husband and I want to take our yacht from South Africa to Zanzibar and run charters from the Island.

What sort of permits or visas would be required?

He would be operating the yacht and employing some local crew.

I would essentially not be working.

Zanzibar
1. Re: Moving to Zanzibar

All these are processed by Zanzibar Port Corporation(ZPC) and Zanzibar Investment Promotion Authority. (ZIPA)

Will have to apply and is highly recommended to have a Lawyer on ground to help you on this to avoid delaying of the project,because this is Africa.

ZPC:-

-Will have to write a request and how you want to operate

-Vessel Specifications

ZIPA:-

Will be responsible for work permit which will be easier for you to operate.

-10 passport size for Investors

-3 Copies of CV

-3 Set of photocopy of Passport

-3 Copies of Police Clearance from the country pf Origin

-3 Copies of employment contract and job description for expatriates

-Income Tax Clearance

-Set of Academic certificate for expatriates

Another advise,will have to open a Company which will run it as a running company .

To Open a Company will have to take a Local Lawyer who will help you in all legal commitments.

The Investor may appoint Local Agent/Person to facilitate the approval process of their application.

For more advices assistance can write to a Real Estate Agent who is familiar with this at info@zanzilandrealestate.com

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

2. Re: Moving to Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 17, 2013