We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar - Znz flight

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm
Dar - Znz flight

I'm have a flight to Dar es Salaam and want to go out to Zanzibar the same day, would like to fly.

So I'm wondering how long the security, visa and pick up your bags procedure normally takes at DAR airport?

I land at DAR the 19th of December 13.10. There's a flight to Zanzibar 2 hours later, and then another one 7pm.

Can I book the early flight? Or should I paly safe and go with the late one? Don't want to miss the flight..

I'm going on a tour that starts in Stone Town, Zanzibar, then we're off to Malawi and Zambia. How cold does it get at night?

Appreciate any advice, tanks in advance!!

Do I have to bring a sleepingbag or will I be ok with travelsheets?

nyc
1. Re: Dar - Znz flight

If your flight arriving DAR is on time, then the 2/hrs till flight to ZNZ should be more than sufficient. If you choose the earlier flight suggest you advise your flight attendent you have a tight connection so they might let you deplane first thus no delay at Immigration for Visa. No harm asking.

You start in Stone Town, but for how many days?

Are you staying at a hotel here? If yes, why would you need a sleeping bag or sheets? Hotel provides.

Then heading to Malawi and Zambia, but how? By ferry and then road, or flying ZNZ/DAR and then road to these two countries?

During Dec, daytime temps are usually warm to hot with cooler nights, but if staying in hotels or tented camps, unless the latter is actually 'camping' then your tour operator should advise whether you need sleeping bag or sheets. If in hotels, you shouldn't need either.

On ZNZ in Stone Town, it will be tropical - hot and humid daytime and even during nightime/morning hours.

2. Re: Dar - Znz flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 17, 2013