We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Visa

Hi

I see that all the comments are from 2008. Can anybody help me regarding obtaining a Visa to go into Zanzibar. Is it still as easy as in 2008 or would you recommend to get in advance?

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 76
1. Re: Visa

Welcome to TA, JP. You are already way ahead of most people in that you searched the archives before posting your question. The reason you only saw very old posts is because the search results are automatically sorted by relevance. Next time you search, sort the results by date: www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums… You'll see that the first threads are not relevant for you, but starting with the third and fourth ones, they are very recent and relevant.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Visa

Are you arriving in Zanzibar or one of the major airports like Dar?

I've never seen anyone post on here that they were refused a visa on entry.

nyc
3. Re: Visa

If arriving at DAR you get Visa here and it's good for ZNZ. If arriving ZNZ first, you get Visa here and it's good for Tanzania mainland. Visa can be purchased at any official land or airport point of entry.

4. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, December 16, 2013