We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DAR to Zinzibar

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
DAR to Zinzibar

What is the best way to go to ZInzibar from DAR , I would like to take the ferry and which island is the best , east, west, stone town .

Please advise

Toronto
1. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

The best way is to fly.

Did you mean to ask which (part) of the island is best? There is only one island. it depends on what you are interested in.

Zanzibar
2. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

The best way is to Fly.

It takes 20 minutes by flight and two Hours by Ferry.

But all above will depend on your personal interest because some people prefer to experience the ferry crossing.

The best part of the Island will depend on you preferable interest.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

New York City, New...
3. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

i would like to gp on the ferry fopr the experience , but is it safe and hassle free ?

Washington DC...
4. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

Do some research on ferry safety. I'm sure it's largely fine, but several tour operators advised us against it because of recent safety issues. Since flying wasn't too much more expensive, we decided to just fly.

New York City, New...
5. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

thanks for the info.

do you recomend any tour operators you get a land package in zanzibar.

Zanzibar
6. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

Let me clarify this.

The ferry is the best way to experience the ocean crossing to this sector and is very safe and in a very comfortable way.

Two Ferries which capsized:-

The First one was Old(Spice Islander) also used as a Cargo Ship.It was overloaded as well.

The second was old and it had about 2 yrs to reach an expiring date and placed in a use as scraper.

Their Fare was about half of the recommended Modern Ferries

Most of Tourists have been getting information which is misleading them and wrong directed when they buy a Ticket upon arrival at The Seaport for the benefit of touts.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

New York City, New...
7. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

Thanks for the clarification,

so you suggest we should be good with the ferries , yes i do want to experience the ferry trip.

are there various companies of ferries and should we buy the tkts in DAR ?

and will you be able to give us any names of tour operators (pakages) in Zinzibar.

tahks

Zanzibar
8. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

Yes,I do Suggest to use it .

Highly recommended Fast Ferries are Kilimanjaro Ferries and Seabus Ferries.

All under Azam Marine Fast Ferry Company.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

New York City, New...
9. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

Can any one recommend a reasonable hotel in DAR for two nights , which is near or in the city center and not far from the Zanzibar ferry.

Thanks

Stockholm
10. Re: DAR to Zinzibar

I'm wondering how long the security at Dar es Salaam airport normally takes?

I land in DAR 13,10 19th of Dec, and want to book a flight to Zanzibar the same day.

There's a flight to Zanzibar at 15,40 safe to book this one? Or book a later flight!?

HELP ME! :-)