We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment rental`

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 1
apartment rental`

We are looking for a rental apartment or bungalow in Zanzibar. Would quite like to have two weeks in Stone Town and maybe two weeks on another part of the island...beach front of course would be ideal!

Does anyone have any information or places they can reccomend to us. We are senior citizens, but young at heart and like to be active.

Zanzibar
1. Re: apartment rental`

Zanzibar is not well invested in Appartment for rent compared to mainland.

Will have to be accommodated in the Small Hotel/Bungalows.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Connecticut
2. Re: apartment rental`

Could you reccommend any bungalows? Do you know if these would have kitchen facilities? Thank you.

Barbara

Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Dar es Salaam
reviews: 14
3. Re: apartment rental`

Barbara there are quite a number of Holiday Villas but they usually come with a chef and house staff to take care of you as opposed to you just hiring a house and doing everything yourself.

When are you looking at coming? I don't know of any Villas or rentals in town though only out on the coast.

Connecticut
4. Re: apartment rental`

At the moment we are hoping to be in Zanzibar on Feb 1st.

The reason we are reluctant to have a cook is that we then feel obligated to be back at the house at whatever time to eat! We prefer to be able to be spontanious and either go back and eat, or if the mood strikes to eat out!!

Any help or info would be so appreciated.

The clock is ticking and I have never been this far behind!

Edited: 9:55 am, November 06, 2012
Connecticut
5. Re: apartment rental`

We could easily do a hotel or the like in Stone town and then get a bungalow at the beach. That would work for us too.

Dar es salaam
reviews: 7
6. Re: apartment rental`

I have stayed at Tembo Hotel appartments, they are very nice and centrally located. Price vise quite reasonable.

Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Dar es Salaam
reviews: 14
7. Re: apartment rental`

I know the Villas on the coast are quite easy and I know a few people who have stayed in them and they use the chef to get supplies and help prepare but then clients have done their own cooking or had BBQ or done their own thing pretty much, you won't be obligated to do what he says. This is one of the nice things about not staying in a hotel where there are set times and menus.

Villas that I know:

Villa Loiki (Matemwe)

Villa Turquoise (Matemwe)

Che Che Vule (Matemwe)

Z Villa (Matemwe)

Milele Villa (Nungwi)

There are a few private Villas and houses in the south but I have not heard about them for a while.

In Stone Town there are lots of options and depends on budget.

I like Mtoni Marine, I normally stay there as it is on the outskirts of town -about a 5/10 minute ride. So close enough but a little out of the way as Stone Town does get hectic.

Connecticut
8. Re: apartment rental`

Thank you so much for all the information. I will look into them.

9. Re: apartment rental`

You can also try Dudes Guesthouse in Jambiani. I stayed there a week last summer. It's one of the best b and b I have ever stayed in. There are 3 rooms with private bathroom and a kitchen you can use at any time. Dude is such a good guy, you will feel like home!

10. Re: apartment rental`

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 am, March 13, 2014