We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 67
Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Hi is the Samaki Lodge and Spa on the best side of the island for beach, snorkelling and swimming etc... please

Kent
1. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Hello,

I would say this is not the out and out perfect place, however unless you want to do a large amount of snorkeling I wouldn't let that put you off staying. Zanzibar is a relatively small island and snorkeling trips can be easily arranged from any location. If you wanted the best location for snorkeling without the travel time then I would look at the Matemwe area with the view to snorkel around Mnemba Island or Chumbe Island, used by the BBC for filming.

Please let me know if you need anything else. I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Pure Zanzibar

brussels
2. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Hi Pure Zanzibar,

Please suggest, can we snorkel off beach at Matemwe or it is better to go with an excursion?

thanks a lot!

Kent
3. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Hello,

Just to let you know you would be miles better doing the excursion to Mnemba Island which is just opposite. You will be able to arrange the trips easily and relatively inexpensively from any property in the area. If you are looking to snorkel directly from the beach then I would suggest Unguja Lodge in the south.

As ever please let us know if you need more info or advice.

Kind regards

Pure Zanzibar

Dar es salaam
reviews: 7
4. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Nungwi. and go to Mnemba Island for Snorkling / Scuba. Also they have great beach activities.

Buckhorn, Canada
reviews: 31
5. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

We snorkelled at Mnemba and for sure was the best snorkelling we had. Tons of fish, and the coral was not bleached at all. And the beach is beautiful. Highly recommend it.

Langley, B.C. Canada
reviews: 84
6. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

Looking forward to snorkeling at Mnemba when staying in Nungwi in February!

7. Re: Which side of the island is the best to stay for snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013