We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which internet provider - usb dongle

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stone Town, Tanzania
reviews: 50
Which internet provider - usb dongle

Hi, i wonder if any of you know which internet ongle to buy so i can have internet connection on Zanzibar. I will have to work daily and need it urgently. Have asked accomomdation providers but nobody wants to tell me.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 8
1. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

Zain, which is not airtel probably has the best coverage, Outside that, try Celtel they also have good coverage.

Zanzibar
2. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

Airtel is the best.

Clarification:They changed the name from Celtel then Zain and currently is called Airtel.

Airtel Office is at Muzammil Complex Centre at Mlandege Area.

Alternative,is Zantel and they have an Office at Vuga area next to High Court.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Stone Town, Tanzania
3. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

Thank you both for answers - i will opt for airtel. Really appreciated.

Edited: 8:05 am, August 13, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

HI Ninnna,

I was wondering if you went wtih the airtel dongle and how well it worked on zanzibar ? did you buy it there on in Tanzania ?

many thanks

Stone Town, Tanzania
5. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

hi, sorry for late reply. i bought zantel and works great in Stone town and Kiwengwa, Nungwi. no problems.

attention users that have the latest mcbook air 11 must buy usb modem HUAWEI EC122 . other usbs dont work on this model. cost / 15000 TSH, plus 5 giga prepaid package20000 TSH.

Dubai
6. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

How long does it take to get a usb dongle in zanzibar,what do they require?

Edited: 6:31 pm, December 24, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 8
7. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

It requires you going to the telephone stare of the carrier you want. Lay the money down and you get the dongle. There may be a line you need to wait in, but on any given day this is different.

Mambo
reviews: 2
8. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

Vodacom is for data the cheapest in general half of Airtel

The quality of all providers is variable and dependant on the location and time of the day

Outside the cities the speed is slow and not enough for skype or youtube or email with large attachments but still a huge coverage

You need to charge your prepaid SIM card and to buy a databundle from this airtime balance

Data outside this bundle is very expensive

The procedures for choosing the right bundle and recharging are complicated

Find details on the provider websites

seattle
9. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

Anyone know if Airtel has a store at DAR airport and how late is it open during the evenings? Also will the same dongle work in Tanzania, Kenya & Madagascar?

10. Re: Which internet provider - usb dongle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 15, 2014