We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 72
Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

If so what was it like ? are they good ? how expensive ? any comments please

thinking of doing 4 nights Serengeti and 10 nights Zanzibar ? how much with a balloon @ dawn and in Oct 2011

Thanks Lots Sharon x

23 replies to this topic
merseyside
reviews: 9
11. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

We arranged our package with Pure Zanzibar for two weeks of luxury and certainly got what they promised,very helpful and obliging,advised us on choosing our two different accomodations and both were excellent.

Our only 'small' complaint was that we requested a sea view lodge on our second week but the hotel hadn't been advised of this and so we didn't get it.

However we came home very pleased and will certainly use Pure Zanzibar again.

London, United...
reviews: 137
12. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Yes, I used Pure Zanzibar this summer, and was disappointed, mainly because they didn't point out that the splendid hotels they booked for me were not ideal for sea swimming. When i made a complaint about this they said that i had mentioned swimming not sea swimming, and that all the hotels had wonderful pools. I was not impressed.

In all other respects they were great, but the sea swimming thing was the reason for my holiday so the most essential thing was a failure.

London, United...
reviews: 3
13. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Me and my partner have just returned from a wonderful two weeks in Tanzania and Zanzibar. We booked through Pure Zanzibar; they arranged everything: flights, transfers, hotels - everything was on time, efficient and of great quality.

We used Bruce, who was a superstar. He took time to cater to our needs, even when we harassed him with questions he was always polite and so helpful.

Use no other company if you are going to this amazing county.

Zurich, Switzerland
14. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

these guys know what they are talking about, ask for Bruce. Spent two weeks at the Residence/The Baraza. Great hotels. Udo, Zuerich

London, United...
reviews: 9
15. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

I have just used Pure Zanzibar to book a trip, they were really helpful and continued to help with any questions i had whilst i was away, Nick was excellent.

At first their prices were a little high, I would say there is always room for negotiating with them.

16. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:21 am, March 16, 2013
17. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Just a quick re your response to pure Zanzibar. Just wondered where you stayed and why the sea wasn't very nice as in the process of booking at moment.

Thanks yvonne

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 53
18. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Yvonne,

If you look at the responses on this thread, they are almost all from people who have only made one post. The thread is about 2 years old.

I wouldn't rely on it for opinions.

Start a new thread and ask your questions there. Where are you thinking of staying? Some people don't realise that seaweed grows in the sea, and that tides can affect beaches. SO they get negative impressions of the beaches....

Kent
19. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Hi Yvonne,

Further to the above, every poster on this forum has to start somewhere... although peterscot hints towards a problem across the whole of Trip Advisor. Some of these posts could be from us pretending to be someone else (their not - we have far better things to do) and some of these posts could be from our competitors (I would hope not - hopefully they also have better things to do).

I suspect that as we refer people to trip adviser during the booking process for up to the moment reviews many people decide to make a post upon their return who may not have used the site before hence the 1 post. (although looking at it lots of them have make several reviews).

Please also remember that we book many thousands of people each year, what you see up here is a very small minority of what we do and by its very nature it is more likely to tend towards the occasions when something was great or something was missed.

If you have any specific concerns about any element of your trip or hotel, please ask your adviser and/or check the reviews on this site (remembering the above). Everyone on our team has visited Zanzibar many times, staying in the hotels, sleeping in the beds, eating the food, etc so we can make sure you know exactly what to expect from Zanzibar before you travel and ensure that you get the best trip possible.

Hopefully we can hear all about it on your second post. :)

London, United...
reviews: 42
20. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

We used Pure Zanzibar to book the first week of our Honeymoon in March 2013. We stayed on Chumbe Island for the first two nights, then the Essque Zalu resort on the main Island for 5 nights. We booked our own flights to Tanzani and from Zanzibar to South Africa. We used Pure Zanzibar for the transfer from Tanzania to Zanzibar/Chumbe, then all transfers and for Chumbe Island and Essque accommodation. They were excellent and I would thoroughly recommend. Below is the unedited feedback I shared with Bruce via email. We dealt with Bruce from start to finish, and he was a credit to customer service and Pure Zanzibar.

Hi Bruce

The service we got from you was exemplary. From when we were first in touch by phone, your timeliness, suggestions and clarity of communication was excellent. You were always upfront and clear about prices, and helped us put together a great itinerary to match our budget.

What particularly impressed and pleased me was that when we needed to switch the order of our Zanzibar holiday, you arranged this all for us, at no cost. This was a huge relief; given all the planning that had gone in to our honeymoon, only to have it potentially scuppered by 1time going bust, it was a great relief that you replanned things so we could still enjoy both locations of our Zanzibar break.

Everything worked absolutely perfectly in terms of logistics. The only exception being that there was no one waiting for us or to take us from International arrivals to Domestic Departures at TNZ. Not the end of the world, we just hopped in a taxi but you might want to contact your local supplier about that FYI.

The flight to Zanzibar was smooth and fine, as were all other connections. The Drivers were all on time and very friendly and nice. The cars are not exactly luxurious but they're fine for their purpose, so long as like us, expectations aren't for a brand new Merc or suchlike.

Chumbe Island was just amazing. 2 nights was the right amount of time for us. Though if you really do just want to relax 'in paradise' you could enjoy longer. The staff were excellent and the food was some of the best we had on our honeymoon. Great snorkelling, and interesting walk round the island, and some fun spotting the Snow crabs. It was really the perfect way to start our Honeymoon.

Only point for you to note about the Island was the interesting 'transfer' at the end. I think it was because the tide was out, but we had to wade a fair distance in the sea that was above our waists. Although the staff carried our bigger cases, it was still quite difficult carrying our smaller bags and having dressed ready for the drive, we weren't really expecting to be soaked! It wasn't a problem for us, but I can imagine that some guests (thinking for example of my parents) would really struggle with this. It probably needs to be better explained on the morning of departure, and the staff should arrange to help carry all bags so you can just focus on not falling over in the sea!

Essque Zalu is amazing, truly spectacular. Staff all fantastic, and just an incredible Hotel. The food was excellent. Dinner was literally Michelin standard every evening. We went to the town for dinner one night and whilst it was nice, we wished we hadn't missed dinner at the Hotel for it. There is a turtle sanctuary 3 minutes walk from the entrance to the Hotel. It's not advertised though and we happened on it by chance. But you can swim with the turtles and they are very friendly and inquisitive. It was one of the highlights of our Honeymoon and would recommend you mentioning this to anyone visiting Zanzibar and certainly who are staying at Essque.

We used a dive company called Poisson Divers I think. They're on TA if that name isn't quite right. They were also excellent and arranged a taxi to pick us up each morning which was good as cheaper than if arranged through the Hotel.

Eithopia airlines were OK, no concerns on that front and got us to SA just fine.

All in all it was a brilliant holiday and the perfect start to our Honeymoon. Wouldn't have changed a thing and would do it all again tomorrow!

Thank you again for your service and very best regards,

Mike