We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton,UK
reviews: 17
Stone Town Apartment to Rent

I am coming to Zanzi to do some voluntary work in Jan/Feb. We don't want to stay in a Guest House. Does anyone out there know of an apartment or a house to rent ideally in Stone Town or within a 20minute drive?

34 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
1. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Hi Startrecker,

What is your monthly budget? I can ask around on your behalf if you'd like?

Tom

Brighton,UK
2. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Thanks. Depends on the property but it must be clean and have a good shower. Cooking facilities can be minimal.

Arusha, Tanzania
3. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Ok, from my experience at looking at properties to rent in Zanzibar, most leases are 6 months to 1 year, the full sum payable upfront - so you may end up paying a bit extra if you are only looking to rent a place for a month.

It is hard to find a flat to rent in Zanzibar unless you are already in touch with the right people there - which I am.

If you want me to ask some of my friends in the real-estate game if there’s anything suitable for you then shoot me a PM with your budget and email address and I will be more than happy to ask around on your behalf.

Tom

Edited: 2:46 am, November 02, 2010
Brighton,UK
4. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Thanks very much.

I don't want to pay for 6 when I may be there only for 1, but I may be prepared to compromise and pay for 2 but it all depends on cost/quality. Quality is everything! With regards ot budget from my prelim enqueries around $200 US/wk seems about right. Thanks for your help

Arusha, Tanzania
5. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Hi there,

Send an email to Conor at info@openeastafrica.com

They deal with real estate in Zanzibar, so should be able to help you find somewhere that matches your criteria.

All the best.

Tom

Brighton,UK
6. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Thanks. Startrecker

Montreal, Canada
7. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

HI Startrecker,

My friend and I are also going to be volunteering at a hospital in Stone Town for the months of January and February and are looking for accommodation.

I found this webpage but they have not responded to my email:

http://www.stayinzanzibar.com

Have you had any luck?

C

Brighton,UK
8. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

This is a lovely apartment owned by a Italian who is away from her base at this time. I have her contact details. She told me that she will be using the apartment for Jan and Feb herself otherwise she charges around $70.00/night. A friend of mine runs a medical charity in ZNZ and has rented a 3 bed apt in Stone Town for 3 months from Jan @ $400/month. He will almost certainly be able to help. Send me your e mail with a few details about yourself and I will continue this thread with you off the TA site.

Startrecker.

zanzibar
reviews: 2
9. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Hi there,

I am looking for a flat to rent in Stone Town and am having a hard time finding something nice! I am looking for somewhere from now until end of March. I would be so grateful if you had any contacts or information for me! I am already in Zanzibar so could meet up and visit places anytime.

My email is cunninghamcatherine@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Best

Kate

Arusha, Tanzania
10. Re: Stone Town Apartment to Rent

Hi Kate,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, send an email to Conor at info@openeastafrica.com. He should have some good recommendations about accommodation available for rental in Zanzibar.

Tom

Reply to: Stone Town Apartment to Rent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted