We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paje by Night

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Elizabeth...
Paje by Night

We are booked in at Paje by Night for a week in July. This was booked through eBucks so I thought everything would be okay! But reading through some of the comments posted has made us think twice. Any comments please

USA - Tanzania...
1. Re: Paje by Night

I assume you know the place is not on the beach?

We hoped to stay there in January 2007 after reading some good things in guide books. Fortunately we did not book any overnights because we read the reviews here! The idea was to check it out first and to decide upon arrival..

We knew immediately we could not stay there. Paje beach is beautiful and wide and white (though tidal) and there were several budget-oriented places that offered accommodations on the beach front. Once we walked the 100m back to Paje by Night we knew it was good for a beer or two but not to stay.

Even the bar was a letdown. Bartenders were trying to be cool and had so much going on behind the small counter that we gave up after 15 minutes of waiting to get a drink even though there were only 6 or so people in the place.

We traveled all over Zanzibar in our own Suzuki and we saw many places that were cheaper and friendlier and better located than Paje by Night.

I marked it with a GPS on a map here and took a few pics: go-safari.com/Zanzibar/zanzibarSouthEast.htm

I strongly suggest you stay elsewhere in Paje. You can still visit the bar at Paje by Night if you want. Hopefully you have better luck with the cool team there. I now know why the reviews are pretty bad.

Let's hope the mgmt makes some changes before your arrival.

2. Re: Paje by Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar