We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Kenya

Which Tsavo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge
reviews: 9
Visa for Kenya

We are going on a 4 day safari in Feb 2013 and then flying onto Maldives. Is it easy to get a visa when you arrive at airport, or should you get it before you travel?

15 replies to this topic
Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 64
1. Re: Visa for Kenya

Its easy simply download the application form from the Kenya High Commission website. Fill it out at home. On arrival hand it with your passport and dollars to the immigration official. No photo required. They put a sticker in your passport & its done. Cost $50 per person

manchester, United...
reviews: 48
2. Re: Visa for Kenya

Or you can pay in Sterling - £30...........

Weymouth...
reviews: 69
3. Re: Visa for Kenya

Thank you for posting this information. I was just about to ask the very same question.

~ Maureen

Walnut Creek...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Visa for Kenya

Sounds much better then sending our passport to some location before.

thanks for the info.

I also wondered does anyone ( US ) get turned away ?

Manchester,
reviews: 61
5. Re: Visa for Kenya

Hi

Wonder if anyone can update how you got on with visas on arrival?

Thanks

Australia
reviews: 15
6. Re: Visa for Kenya

We travelled to Kenya in July. After getting suggestions from TA, we had our forms already filled out, with a nice new $50 note each. We were first in the queue because we already had our forms, and it was very quick and efficient. Waiting for luggage took a bit longer!

Los Angeles...
reviews: 90
7. Re: Visa for Kenya

I was in Kenya last month, and got a visa on arrival at the airport in Nairobi. It is easy to do. The only thing I would have done differently is to have printed the application out and have it filled in before getting in line.

When we arrived, there was no line control and there were people bunched up 3 across to get visa from 2 control officers. We spent over an hour in line. Anything that you can do to expedite the process ahead of time will be evident.

Cardiff
reviews: 32
8. Re: Visa for Kenya

Flew to Mombasa on 22nd October. We filled out applications in advance plus all the other documentation needed on the plane. We waited for ~ 10 minutes in line - fortunately the fingerprinting machinery was working in our queue. One of the other lines was much slower as they kept having to reset the computer or so it seemed. We had a 30 minute wait on our coach once out of the airport whilst the stragglers cleared Immigration.

Manchester,
reviews: 61
9. Re: Visa for Kenya

Thanks for the updates. We had been contemplating arranging the visa before we go in April but we may as well just get the applications filled in and do the rest on arrival.

Thanks

Rach

Berkshire
10. Re: Visa for Kenya

We flew to Nairobi in September. I personally wouldn't bother getting a visa in advance, it only took us about 10 mins but make sure you have printed and completed the form before travelling.

Reply to: Visa for Kenya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tsavo