We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code Riu Garopa

Which Santa Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
reviews: 42
Dress code Riu Garopa

Hi

Have just booked for next year and just wanting to know dress code for restaurants. Have been to a Riu in Tunisia where men had to wear long trousers for evening meals is it the same at the Garopa. Also what is acceptable for breakfast/ lunch are shorts t-shirts vest tops etc. ok?

Many Thanks

5 replies to this topic
reviews: 6
1. Re: Dress code Riu Garopa

Im just back and its quite relaxed. Most people made an effort and was nicely dressed but comfortable. A few people here and there didnt bother and was wearing casual shorts/t shirt to dinner/evening entertainment but most people were presentable.

Breakfast/lunch is relaxed. Most people are going to the pool/beach afterwards so women generally had swimwear with a dress or whatever over it. Men usually shorts and t shirt/vest top.

Lunch was the same most people just generally covered swimwear. There are snack bars by the pool for lunch as well as the main restraunt

Sunderland, United...
2. Re: Dress code Riu Garopa

That's a great help thank you, like to make an effort on an evening anyway, but just wanted to check about the long trousers for my partner. Did the same relaxed approach apply to the a la carte restaurants also?

3. Re: Dress code Riu Garopa

Yeah most people were presentable at meals. We only tried the Asian restraunt although we do plan to return at some point so will try the others then. Hubby tended to wear jeans and a dressy shirt and I wore a dress or skirt. I would say the younger males were more casual like 3/4 length trousers and trainers. About 40-50 then tended to be cotton chinos etc so just wear what you's would normally wear. There is an on site hairdressers so I just went every few days and tried out a new hairstyle, they do lots of diffrent hair braids usually 6 euro special offer so I just did this as it was so hot it was hard to keep my hair straight

Sunderland, United...
4. Re: Dress code Riu Garopa

That sounds perfect, thanks for all your help. Can't wait now!!

5. Re: Dress code Riu Garopa

Have a lovley holiday :-)

Reply to: Dress code Riu Garopa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted