We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Which Santa Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
reviews: 11
Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Hi I'm due to come over for a holiday from the 24th May 2012 for a two week holiday staying at the Funana and want to know what options I have for fishing trips. I'm not wealthy and after looking at some prices for fishing on the net I want to know if there's any alternative trips that are cheaper. I'm even up for perhaps splitting the costs if more people want to share a boat? But preferably the cheapest option. Am looking forward to two weeks of relaxation. Cheers Chris

Ilha do Sal, Cape...
1. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Hello,

if you don´t want to take the touristic offers, maybe you try to join the locals ? I am sure they will make you a good offer, but be prepared - they do not have that nice equipment that tourists have...

Best regards

Burnley, United...
reviews: 40
2. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Do a google search for Blinky's tours or find her on facebook !! She will advise you of your best options for fishing trips and any other trips you want to do at very reasonable prices. We used Blinky's tours last week whilst in Santa Maria & had a great time & have lots of nice memories of our holiday !! She's a lovely hard working young lady !! Highly recommended !!

Julie.

London, United...
3. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Hi Chris,

We just got back from Santa Maria. We went fishing with Steve Fish and John, all arrange by Blinky. The guys are great company and the fishing went superb!

Find Blinky's Tours on FB and drop her a line.

Have fun!

Donna

4. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:45 am, June 20, 2012
Exeter, United...
reviews: 24
5. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

HI,

I recommend finding Blinky on the Island to sort out any fishing trips that you want. I booked through her in resort and got a four hour trip in a boat of four people for 50 Euros. The fishing was frantic and although not huge fish it was really good sport and between all four of us we caught a really good variety of fish (even a morray eel) and in total caught about 80 - 90 fish. You then have the option of going to a local restaurant where they will cook a selection of what you have caught (free of charge) for you to eat. They do charge for whatever you have with your meal (salad, veg etc) but it isnt expensive.

You can contact Blinky through facebook at Blinkystours

Southam, United...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Can't recommend Blinky enough! She handled everything for us, airport transfers, tour, fishing, PADI course, everything. Suprisingly cheap island considering everything imported. Give her a shout at blinkywalestenerife@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Are there any tackle shops on sal visiting early October thinking of buying a rod heavy enough for beach shark fishing many thanks

Southam, United...
reviews: 22
8. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

Hi. There is a small shop near to Tam Tam's. I used borrowed and hired gear. Cost a pittance to rent. If you are staying at Porto Antigo it's worth hooking up with a number of Brits who spend half the year there, they will happily lend kit and also show you some fantastic place to fish. Failing that, contact Blinkey, you will easily find her on any Sal search or on facebook. Have a grea time.

9. Re: Fishing in Sal Cape Verde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2014