We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

Nottingham, United...
Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

Anyone considering upgrading please do not be put off by ill informed people who never stayed in it and continue to state in reviews it's not worth it... How would they know??? It's not about avoiding children !!! It's about having a choice.

Enjoy everyone :-)

11 replies to this topic
reviews: 3
1. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

How much does it cost to upgrade. Seriously considering it. The sunbeds are more spread out arent they?

Nottingham, United...
2. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

Hi Sophie... Yes they are and we never saw any people fighting for sunbeds either contrary to recent reviews.

The price varies dependent on when you book... Between £250 and £500 with thomsons for 2 weeks... You can try to upgrade at the hotel which is cheaper but you may have to go on a waiting list.

reviews: 3
3. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

Were already booked to go in november so will try upgrade there thankyou

Leicester
reviews: 16
4. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

We've messaged to upgrade and they quoted 26€ a night. They also said it depends on availability when we arrive. I'm hoping that as we are going in term time we won't need to upgrade?!

Nottingham, United...
5. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

We didn't upgrade to avoid children as we went in term time too .... We preferred the quieter less crowded pool area plus the added bonus of free wifi, extra waiter service restaurant and the use of the pool bar in the evening ... Plus the choice of being able to go anywhere:-)

Keep dropping the hotel an email periodically as it worked for others who were staying same time as us.

Fingers crossed :-)

Leicester
reviews: 16
6. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

I think the only thing we would really use is the free wifi. The other bits sound great but we're not as fussed about them. Might put the money to an extra excursion with giggling gecko!

Northampton, United...
reviews: 7
7. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

I have just returned from the Touareg and I stayed in the Adults only area. I found that although the pool was not as busy as the main poool it was lacking any sort of atmosphere. Most of the beds were reserved in the mornings and the waiter service restaurant was nothing to write home about.

The only pro for AO is the free wi-fi, however I don't know if I could justify 26 Euros a night for this.

The rooms are exactly the same as the other's apart from the mini bar (soft drinks and optics). The soft drinks were a god send however the optics in the room had not been touched in a long time and did not taste very nice.

I can definitley recommend giggling gecko, they were brilliant and we loved our excursion.

Nottingham, United...
8. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

I guess it boils down to who is there at the same time as there was a great atmosphere when we were there. Well worth it for us and everyone around us. Each to their own at the end of the day. The gourmet we enjoyed simply because being waited on was nice and the Rioja lovely... The food nice not amazing but good for a change of scenery.

Wales
reviews: 25
9. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

Is that 26€ each per night or per room? I'm looking at this resort for next June. Are there many mossies around then as hubster would get eaten alive??

Edited: 3:26 pm, October 15, 2013
Bilton Rugby
reviews: 50
10. Re: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.

We went June this year for 2 weeks and did not see many mozzies. Didn't stop in the adults only.

Janet

Reply to: Riu Touareg Adults Only....is it worth it......???...YES.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista