We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theft at the Riu Touareg?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
Theft at the Riu Touareg?

We are going to the Riu Touareg in a few weeks time and a bit concerned about the reviews stating there have been theft of money from the room safes. Has anyone else heard of or know of thefts at the hotel?

Ann Marie

Newcastle, United...
1. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

Yeah I'd be interested in people's views on this also as I go in a few weeks

Newcastle, United...
2. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

Yeah I'd be interested in people's views on this also as I go in a few weeks

southeast
reviews: 8
3. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

I have just come back and had no problems at all In fact one night we went out on a tour and our tour guide told us that if we wanted to leave any tips to write a note with it as the staff are searched on the way out before they get on the bus !

I'm terrible and always leave stuff lying around and had no problems at all the safes themselves are ones that you set your own codes too so if stuff is going missing there really is a limited no of people that can be held responsible ! I doubt the cleaning staff would be told a reset code ,

I hope this helps

Herts
reviews: 1
4. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

We are also gonig in 3 weeks and i am extremely concerned about this, after reading some reviews its seems a master key has been used to gain access to safes !!!

Bilton Rugby
reviews: 53
5. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

We went there in June after being there twice before and never had a problem and never heard anyone else complaining.

Janet

Nottingham, United...
6. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

Hmmm this is concerning me too someone mentioned a master key getting access to safe... I am seriously considering getting a prepaid credit card in lieu of cash now :-( only 6 weeks to go :-)

reviews: 12
7. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

I'm going on Monday and am getting increasingly concerned by these reports now. I'm ot taking much money but am worried about gadget type things

southeast
8. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

honestly guys I really think you have nothing to worry about I haven't seen anything or did I hear about any problems when I was out there if it was happening they would need to have two forms of access firstly access to each room and then an overide access to the safes, I just don't think your average maid would have that! Tourism is so vital to them and they realise this , Please guys don't spoil your holidays by worrying , it's a beautiful place and the people are lovely

As I said before we went on some tours with an company run by a young Scottish Couple and were told that the staff are searched before they get on the work bus , I suspect some places may not have the facilities to except a cards the hotel shops do I think because there's a little cash machine in the reception maybe just take your card and take out money as you need it but don't let this spoil your holiday guys ,

southeast
9. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

can I just ask you all where this information is comming from you can in box me if you don't want to post it on here

Bilton Rugby
reviews: 53
10. Re: Theft at the Riu Touareg?

You took the very words out of my mouth alliecatsax. There has been a lot of negative reviews of late and I think that's a shame. All the staff are always smiling and helpful as I said before we have been 3 times and never had a problem. And hoping to go for a 4th time. NO STRESS.

Janet

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista