We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boa Vista with small children

UK
Boa Vista with small children

We are thinking of heading to Boa Vista with our 7 and 2 year old in early January. We'd prefer not to do the all inclusive route, are there good small hotels and restaurants? My partner is a keen kite surfer but will there be enough to entertain us as a family? Are there any health concerns I should be aware of? I know the sea is too strong for adults let alone children. Will it be warm enough for us to feel we have hit some ( much needed) sun?

Sal Rei, Cape Verde
reviews: 2
1. Re: Boa Vista with small children

Hi,

Casa velha is a good B and B, very short walk to a great beach, close to centre of town for eating out. All restaurants are kid friendly and a lot of good standard places to eat out.

There is also a complex called Vila Cabral with a pool which has apartments to let. Can put you in touch wit friemds that own there if you want.

The sea is strong in places but by casa velha you are on Estoril beach, much calmer beach, you are also a short walk from 2 beach bars social club and alisios which both have nice calm seas out front for kids.

Morabeza beach bar and restaurant close by is a great place for kite surfing, popular area due to the wind and sea conditions and also has a great kite school with lovely staff. Amazing place to spend the day while your partner surfs, they offer meals drinks, loungers, fishing and a nice beach.

Still warm enough to feel like you getting winter sun but there is generally wind at this time of year, you will need trousers and light cardi at night.

No major health issues, no injections required but make sure you take precautions with cleanliness and bring antiseptic etc.

There is not a massive amount to do I suppose depending on what you are after, we love it as we love seeing the island different beaches, watersports, cafes in town, swimming, playing board games and reading, it is a chill out island.

I hope this is helpful.

Let me know if yo need more I do.

Jen

2. Re: Boa Vista with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013