We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from NYC with kids

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 26
Drive from NYC with kids

Hi.

We're driving from NYC to Niagra Falls with kids this July. I was wondering if there were any stops in between that might be interesting for kids (ages 5-9). Maybe even some place we could stop by for a couple of days would be nice too.

My oldest gets carsick so the more we can break up the drive the better.

Thanks in advance!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
1. Re: Drive from NYC with kids

Hi skimomNewYork;

Have a look at the Corning Museum of Glass, in Corning NY, off I-86.

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g47538-d295…

http://www.cmog.org/

Best Regards

Irondequoit, New...
reviews: 63
2. Re: Drive from NYC with kids

CMOG, as posted, is on a decent route to Niagara Falls, about 4-5 hours from NYC. That route will also take you into range of stopping in the Finger Lakes. Ithaca would be the easiest to get and would offer a couple of museums (Sciencenter and a natural history museum that advertises fossils, I haven't been to it) as well as a three nice state parks, all with hiking and swimming.

There is the Strong Museum (National Museum of Play) in Rochester, also, but that's so close to NF...

I'm at a bit of a loss for things that are more like 2 hours out. There are two routes you could go - the I80/I81 route, or the I87/NY17(I86) route.

new york
reviews: 26
3. Re: Drive from NYC with kids

I appreciate all the advice!

It really does help!

Thanks so much.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
4. Re: Drive from NYC with kids

You're Welcome !

5. Re: Drive from NYC with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 29, 2014