We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannot walk - need Niagara help!!!

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 1
Cannot walk - need Niagara help!!!

Hi all,

My friends and I planned a trip to Niagara for this weekend. This week I was told I have a fracture in my leg and will be on crutches for a month! I am pretty good on crutches and there isn't a cast or anything on my leg (so I can get wet), but how much walking is really involved in the fun activities at Niagara? We planned to do all the basic touristy things. Will I be able to do it at all or should we reschedule? Having never been there I have no idea if I can make it - if it is like, say, a day at DisneyLand, there is no way I can do it...if it is hills and lots of unevan surfases I don't think I can do it either. Whatcha think?? I am so upset at this bad timing!

Ontario
reviews: 7
1. Re: Cannot walk - need Niagara help!!!

Are you going to be staying on the canadian side or american? Because this is the NY forums for Niagara Falls. The Niagara Falls Ontario forums have more info. But if your going to be on the Canadian side definatly reschedule. It's alot of walking, and Clifton Hill, well it has the word 'Hill' in it so I don't need to explain much about it. And if your staying in the hotels... the hotels are up on a big steep hill so you have to walk all the way around. But there is the inclined railway, and the helps. Maybe you could do a google image search of Niagara Falls and then you can see for yourseld.

- Hope I helped! Enjoy your trip!

- Gecko

Buffalo
reviews: 14
2. Re: Cannot walk - need Niagara help!!!

I have to agree with the Gecko-

you are going to have to walk to see everything-plus getting on the maid of the mist will be a challange, and it kind of precludes you from the cave of the winds. I wonder if there is anywhere to rent one of those motorized scooters-that might work. I will look around and post if I find a place.