We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montauk in February

Which Montauk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
Montauk in February

Hi!

We are going to spend the St.Valentine's Day-2013 in Montauk (my girlfriend adores "The Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind"). I'm trying to reserve a room/apatments for 12-15th February, but almost all the rooms have been already reserved! (venere.com, hotels.com....) Is it possible?) Low season etc.... Do you know any alternative ways to do it (links etc.)?

And, by the way, what about the weather in Montauk in February?

Thank you very much!

New York City, New...
reviews: 114
1. Re: Montauk in February

Cold. That's the dead of winter in this part of the world and the beach breezes can make it seem colder. Will you have a car? Montauk can be hard to get around without a car.

Try looking at each hotel's website directly - most of them are small and don't use the major booking sites. A list of hotels can be found here:

www.onmontauk.com/montauk-lodging.shtml

Gurney's Inn has availability.

http://www.gurneysinn.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
2. Re: Montauk in February

Agree with kateoz on both scores. Montauk is terribly cold and windy in Feb. and a lot of places will be closed. I don't remember the movie well enough to remember any scenes in Montauk, but I'm not sure how good an idea this is. Many many things will be closed.

I also think that the rooms fully reserved you're getting is not true! It could be they're closed at that time of year, not on those booking sites or just not taking reservations this far in advance.

If you're going to have a car, the Panoramic View is imo one of the nicest places.

panoramicview.com/distinctive-properties/…

Montauk, New York
reviews: 7
3. Re: Montauk in February

I agree with the two previous posters. Most of Montauk is closed this time of year, even the locals try to get out of town in feb. as it is windy, icy cold & very very quiet. Gurneys or Montauk Manor are your best bets, or better yet come out in September or October, when the sun is still shining, it's off season rates, the water is warm & most every one is still open & the locals are smiling & have time to chat & share with you. It is the best time of year to be here. Maybe a romantic dinner with an IOU attached to it is a safer option for this Feb. Btw. the Plaza diner where Sunshine was filmed has now changed hands (it's now the Bodega), If you want to eat there you will def. have to wait for the season. Yup! It's closed.

Long Island, NY
reviews: 10
4. Re: Montauk in February

Totally disagree.....yes its cold, but its quiet. MTK in the summer is the place to be there is no question, however the winter has its charm. Bring a warm coat and enjoy. Last January friends and I stayed at Montauk Manor, it was a blast. We took a shuttle to the Montauket and had cocktails, danced and just enjoyed the local flavor. Pack no heels, no sequence and just enjoy it. We had breakfast at John's and the place across the street (just as good and not as long a wait). During the day we walked the beach and had lunch. Are things closed, yes, but there are things open...enough for a weekend.

5. Re: Montauk in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 08, 2014