We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving into Long Island City

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
reviews: 6
Driving into Long Island City

After countless days researching hotels, we have FINALLY decided on one in Long Island City. We will be driving over from Pittsburgh (Go Pens!). My question is, will we have to drive through the Holland Tunnel or any part of NYC to get there? I'm hoping the answer will be no!! Can someone please answer asap. Thank you in advance!!

P.S. Please don't old it against me that I am from Pittsburgh! :-)

13 replies to this topic
New York City
reviews: 39
11. Re: Driving into Long Island City

Hockey is virtually non existant in NYC, It is #4 on this list of Sports Popularity in the city, You really have to look for ranger fans. The Rangers are the #6 team in the city (After football, Baseball and the Knicks)

You dont take Holland tunnel to Long Island City. You take GW Bridge to Major Deegan to Triborough Bridge.

Its better to stay in Long Island City than Jersey, its easier to get to Manhattan

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
12. Re: Driving into Long Island City

Just to reiterate, if you take the GWB to the Triboro Bridge (which is now predominantly signed as RFK Bridge), you don't want to take the Major Deegan Expressway. You want the Harlem River Drive -- shorter, no trucks, and a lot less traffic.

Pittsburgh
reviews: 6
13. Re: Driving into Long Island City

Thanks Howard...so what you're saying is don't wear my Steelers or Pirates shirts around? :-)

Reply to: Driving into Long Island City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted