We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
reviews: 1
Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

Hello,

I hope that I am asking this in the correct forum this time.

I have decided to plan a trip to New York as a treat for my daughter finishing her GCSEs and turning 16.

I would like depart UK on the 19th June and visit New York for 10 nights.

I have booked our flights, at a reasonable price arriving at JFK Airport at approx. 1.30pm on the 19th June, so I have this covered.

I have been looking at hotels in Long Island City, due to them being a lot cheaper than staying nearer, in particular I have seen a fantastic offer for a 10 night stay in the Home2 Suites aparthotel, although the hotel isn't completed yet, the offer is stating that I can book any time after the 2nd June.

Sorry to ramble, but I thought I would try to set the scene before my questions...

Ok, so, has anyone walked past the site and if so, do you think its feasible that the aparthotel will be open on time?

Also if all goes to plan and we are able to stay in this hotel, what would be the best way to travel to and from each day for our sight seeing around New York? We are looking to do all of the usual tourist attractions.

I have seen a 7 day metro ticket/card could this be used and would it be the more cost effective way of travelling?

Thank you for your time reading this, and any comments are really appreciated, this our first time travelling on our own, without my husband and also to New York.

8 replies to this topic
Doncaster, United...
1. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

I too have booked this for a great price for August for a week and would like to know more info too.we arrive late from the airport so wondering if to get the subway or a taxi to the hotel

Kent, England
reviews: 25
2. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

The Hilton site is still taking bookings from 13th May. I've booked it for one week starting 18 June to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday so am hoping it will open on time. The hotel has a Facebook page and it looks like its nearly ready!

Kent, England
reviews: 25
3. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

The Hilton site is still taking bookings from 13th May. I've booked it for one week starting 18 June to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday so am hoping it will open on time. The hotel has a Facebook page and it looks like its nearly ready!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 69
4. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

Use the subway to and from Queensboro Plaza station - very close to the hotel and a short journey into Manhattan.

Chester, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

Hi. I am looking to book 4 nights in August and NYC is sooo expensive! Where did you get a great deal staying here? Did you just book direct?? Many Thanks :)

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
6. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

The hotel is near several subway stations. If you want to use public transportation from JFK, it's really very easy. Take the AirTrain monorail from your JFK terminal to Jamaica and go downstairs to the subway (elevators and escalators available.)

Take the subway to Queens Plaza and your hotel is just a couple of blocks north of the station.

Note that Queens Plaza is a subway station. Nearby Queensboro Plaza is an elevated station. They're close to each other but not connected.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
7. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

Note that the New York City forum is best for these types of questions. The Long Island City forum has less traffic, and it's part of NYC, so perfectly fine to talk about it there.

I've seen good promotional deals for the new Home2 suites on Expedia.com at times when the hotels own website was rather pricey. Also, Kayak.com will show you pricing for lots of the major booking sites (including Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com etc). If using Kayak to view price summaries, I'd advise sticking with well known linked sites. They have some newer ones too, and I just don't know that they have built up their reputation enough to risk booking with them for a few dollars savings. Go with the ones you recognize, or ask on the forum.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
8. Re: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View

You'll definitely want unlimited Metrocards, and you can get these when you get to the subway in Jamaica.

By the end of seven days you'll have a good sense of your daily travel habits, and you can decide whether you want to add on another weekly unlimited card (which would be worth it if you expect 13 or more individual trips), or whether you just want to add money for the pay per ride feature.

In either case, you won't need to get new cards. You'd just go to the vending machine and either "add time" or "add value" to your existing cards. Neither would kick in until the original weekly unlimited card expired, so you don't have to wait for the absolute last minute to do this.

Reply to: Home2 Suites Long Island City Manhattan View
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted