We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIC vs Bronx

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
133 posts
34 reviews
LIC vs Bronx

Have found hotels in both areas that I like (Opera hotel in the Bronx and Vetiver in LIC), just wondering if the commute/areas around the hotel are "safer" in LIC...

My husband and I are in our 30's, experienced travelers and have been to NYC before. Any thoughts?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: LIC vs Bronx

The New York City forum would be better for this question. It is much more active than the Long Island City forum.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
86,189 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: LIC vs Bronx

Map them. It will take forever to get to midtown from the Bronx while LIC is 15 min.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6772856…

houston
Level Contributor
133 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: LIC vs Bronx

Thank you nywhiz! I just booked at Hotel Vetiver (which you recommended on NYC forum to me); the rates went down today :)

houston
Level Contributor
133 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: LIC vs Bronx

Oh, I meant to add that it is a little bit more than Opera hotel, but I think the commute and area make it totally worth it ($10 more a night)

5. Re: LIC vs Bronx

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, January 07, 2014
6. Re: LIC vs Bronx

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 09, 2015