We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crayford, United...
reviews: 12
New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

Hi all

I am planning to go to NYC late in 2014.. I wanted to know what would be the cheapeast time to go? a cheap hotel.. I literally need it to sleep in only so as long as it is clean the basic will do me..

I am also planning to go for five nights and I would like to do some trips and shopping so I would like to know approx how much spending money to take?

I really am looking for the cheapest deal and I would appreciate all responses

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

You should probably repost this in the nYc forum...

This is the Long island City forum...

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
2. Re: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

When you re-post, include more info. What do you consider cheap (in dollars per night)? Are you willing to share a bath but have a private room? How about sleeping in a shared dorm?

Nobody can begin to guess on what you will spend for "shopping".

What sort of "trips" do you want to do? NYC is big. You really don't need to take a trip anywhere else.

3. Re: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, January 07, 2014

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
4. Re: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

Why would someone wanting a cheap time in NYC use a car service??? The subway is the way to go.

This user joined today, simply to promote this service (and revived an old thread to do it). Reported. And this marketing tactic makes me never want to use Uber!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 53
5. Re: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

I think Uber would be a big mistake in NYC due to the hassle of driving in NYC, the parking costs, and the availability of cheap and convenient public transportation.

Perth, United...
reviews: 31
6. Re: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP

Hi emma, I don't know if you have booked your trip yet, but I got a fantastic deal from opodo. Travelling at the beginning of december. We are staying in long island city as it is cheaper than staying in manhattan and also the hotel we are staying in is close to the train station and gets you into manhattan in no time. I would advise you to plan any trips you want to do before you go as so much to do and see, and trust me the time just flies by. Thank goodness its a city that never sleeps!,, We are going for 3 nights and plan on taking £1000 each for food, drinks, xmas shopping and a show

Reply to: New York.. first trip there.. PLEASE HELP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted