We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Island --- Islandia area what to do without a car

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
reviews: 8
Long Island --- Islandia area what to do without a car

I will be in Long Island-Islandia for few days. And will be staying close by islandia center area. Since my husband will be working during the day, and I don't have a car. Is there any interesting place I can visit or do with my 5 years old without car, only to use public transportation? Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: Long Island --- Islandia area what to do without a car

I don't think so. Islandia is in the middle of suburbia where everyone drives. You might want to get your husband to drive you some place where you could spend the day. The town of Port Jefferson is cute with shops and restaurants and is on the water. There's a harbor with boats including a big ferry service to Connecticut. You could also be driven to the Long Island Railroad and take the train into NYC and do lots of sightseeing.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
2. Re: Long Island --- Islandia area what to do without a car

PS this is the wrong place for your post. You should post on the LONG ISLAND (not Long Island City) forum OR the New York CITY forum where there are more readers.

Arlington, VA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Long Island --- Islandia area what to do without a car

Thanks for the suggestion! I will do that.

4. Re: Long Island --- Islandia area what to do without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 09, 2014