We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels near Island Park

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Hostels near Island Park

Hey guys

I'm trying to find a hostel or cheap room for a solo traveller near island park for around 7 nights.

I can't seem to find any hostels near it, just a motel called plantation and that is very expensive.

any tips/advice would be great

thanks

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 14
1. Re: Hostels near Island Park

Re-post to the Long Island forum. tripadvisor.com/… or possibly the Nassau County forum.. This is the forum for Long Island City (which is in Queens).

I would suggest including more information about why you are staying in this area for 7 days, what your budget is, when you are making this trip, whether you will have a car. There are no hostels in that area. It looks like Plantation Motel charges $120/night. I don't know that you can expect to find anything considerably cheaper than that.

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: Hostels near Island Park

I'm trying to find work and a room to rent for the summer there. I want to book into a hostel for a week to get my bearings and see if I can find a more permanent room

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
reviews: 10
3. Re: Hostels near Island Park

How much are you looking to spend per night--what have the other guys decided to do? Since you haven't found work yet, are you willing to leave the Island Park area?

As we mentioned before, there are not any hostels in Nassau County--but there might be something better than where you are. Did you post on Craigslist that you are looking to rent a room for the summer? And you need to expand your area--Island Park, Oceanside, Long Beach, Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, Baldwin, Freeport, etc.

Try this place in Merrick--it is close to the Merrick train station--never been inside, but I think it is probably nicer than where you are staying.

http://gatewayinnlongisland.com/rates.htm

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Hostels near Island Park

Hi

They have all left except for one who found a room, she is sharing with another local girl. So I am going out on my own and trying to find a room close enough to her in Island Park,

Yes I had a look on craigslist but I haven't posted anything yet. My friend who is out there is looking out for me.

I don't want to spend $100 per night, I need to keep it as low as possible

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
reviews: 10
5. Re: Hostels near Island Park

I think your only option then is to find a room in someone's house--which is not easy. Craigslist is where you might find something. If you expand your search, as I suggested above, you may have some more luck.

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: Hostels near Island Park

Thanks the advice. I posted on Craigslist that I'm looking for summer Accomadation so hopefully something pops up there. I'll look at the areas close by to island park and see what I can find, fingers crossed :)

7. Re: Hostels near Island Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 20, 2014