We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal Long Island route?

Which Long Island City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ideal Long Island route?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are driving from New York up to Newport later this month, and have been recommended to take this journey via Long Island, instead the busy 95 of up along the coast from NYC.

Could any of you recommend a nice (perhaps scenic if possible?) route to travel by from New York and what would be the best place to take a ferry to New London from, - Montauk or Orient Point?

Hoping for some input and/or ideas :o)

Kind regards,

JOMANY

Queens, New York
reviews: 5
1. Re: Ideal Long Island route?

Just to clarify, this is the forum for Long Island City , which is a small neighborhood in the western part of Queens.

Long Island is the acutal island itself, encompassing Nassau and Suffolk Counties.

I'd repost this on the forums for towns on Long Island, such as The Hamptons, Easthampton, or on the New York City forum, too. The NYC forum is busier and sometimes discusses Long Island driving.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Re: Ideal Long Island route?

Ok - thank you for the information :o)

3. Re: Ideal Long Island route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 09, 2009