We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whiteface in May

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Whiteface in May

I was planning to travel to Lake Placid in May but have become aware it is very unlikely to snow at that time of year. My friends and I want to do the bobsledding, but are also wanting to see and play in the snow. (no, we're not children, we're Australian and have never seen snow. Haha) so my questions are; (Sorry if they seem stupid)

-When is the best time to go to be able to see snow?

-What are driving conditions at that time (do you need snow chains or does snow not get on roads?)

-Is the trip still worth it if there isn't snow. What are the best activities?

Thanks in advance

Albany, NY
reviews: 5
1. Re: Whiteface in May

Lake Placid is great all year round, and you can do the bobsledding regardless of whether or not there is snow. There is still good snow now in the mountains, but we had a lot of late season snow this year. By May it should be all but melted even in the high elevations. Your best bet for lots of snow is January and February.

Adelaide
2. Re: Whiteface in May

Thank you very much. :)

3. Re: Whiteface in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 02, 2014