We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marathon Weekend June 7-10 Hotel Question

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
reviews: 3
Marathon Weekend June 7-10 Hotel Question

My daughter and husband are participating in the marathon in June. This is our first time in Lake Placid, and I am looking at High Peaks Resort for our stay. Can anyone recommend other choices or comment on High Peaks?

Albany
reviews: 67
1. Re: Marathon Weekend June 7-10 Hotel Question

I haven't stayed at High Peaks, but it has very good reviews on this site. I can tell you to stay away from Northwoods Inn. We stayed there in October and it wasn't good. I noticed that as of February they continue to get less than flattering reviews so they obviously don't care. BUT I can highly recommend Golden Arrow and Mirror Lake Inn. If you have the $$$$ I would stay at The Whiteface Lodge. Absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite favorite places in all of NY! It seems that you will be safe though with your initial choice of High Peaks. Good luck in the race!

ohio
reviews: 3
2. Re: Marathon Weekend June 7-10 Hotel Question

Ditto for Golden Arrow. Many great reviews on this forum for Golden Arrow. Not only is Whiteface Lodge $$$$$ but I think Mirror Lake Inn is pricey too. Maybe just not as pricey. Mirror Lake Inn is a great location if you want to be in the heart of Lake Placid. So is Golden Arrow.

Boston...
3. Re: Marathon Weekend June 7-10 Hotel Question

Hi! We love the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, the Mirror Lake Inn - each is steps from downtown/main street, Mirror Lake, and the race start/finish areas. Another optionis the Lake Placid Courtyard by Marriott. - this ais a bit further walk or a very short drive. Lake Placid is a wonderful town and this is our FAVORITE marathon/half marathon race ANYWHERE (and we've done a few dozen around the country). Have fun!

4. Re: Marathon Weekend June 7-10 Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 11, 2014