We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sagamore ...

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 57
sagamore ...

there are mixed reviews for this hotel, we had booked for a weekend at the moment but wonder if we should stay here for the whole trip (4 night trip since we are driving from CT) or 2 nights elsewhere. If so, where ? We are traveling during the last week of July.

This will be our first trip to Lake George and we hope to find somewhere we can keep coming back to with the kids (age 4 and 2) for summers. It is more of a discovery trip and exploring the area.

We had stayed at the Perry Cabin at St. Michael's MD and wonder if it is the same as Sagamore. We like and enjoy low key places with a little luxury but from the reviews, I am afraid that it might be one of those in your face flaunting of wealth type. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lake George,NY
reviews: 3
1. Re: sagamore ...

With children at those ages I'm not sure the Sagamore is for you. Sagamore is more of a country club atmosphere to be honest. They even have a guard at the front entrance. It is quite a drive on a very windy road from the main part of Lake George itself, actually located in a town called Bolton Landing which is very artsy. I recommend this for singles and adults, not young families unless your kids have perfect manners and don't speak or move. Being a mom of a little one with several nephews and god children, I've had my experience locally with kids. I recommend looking more into places with more to do with the kids, closer to the heart of the Lake unless you want to be in the middle of nowhere. Check out lakegeorge.com and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck!

New York, NY
reviews: 6
2. Re: sagamore ...

Although I am sure that you have found lodging by this late date, I would recommend Canoe Island Lodge if you are willing to stay for a week. This family place is fun and full of boating, sailing and kids activities. It is mostly families who continue to return year after year. We've been going for 10 years and my in laws for more than 40 yrs.

Enjoy!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
3. Re: sagamore ...

thank u all for ur replies, we will only be in Lake George for 4 days now with 3 days in Sagamore and 2 days in town coz we just want to see what Lake George is like. Due to certin circumstances, we had realized we wont be visiting Lake George until a few years later so until then will we spend more time exploring this area we had heard so much about.

Thank you all for your help.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
4. Re: sagamore ...

just returned from our trip and was surprised at our preference. we enjoyed bolton landing and sagamore more than lake george's canada street.

I would like to check canoe island lodge next time as we didnt make it to diamond point to look around (went past a few times though !) It looks like a lovely spot to spend summers !

5. Re: sagamore ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 15, 2009