We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to stay?

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny,ny
best places to stay?

hello. we're planning a trip to lake george on july we're 2 couples with 2and 3 kids ages 1to13 we're from nyc and we never been to lake geoge we dont know if we should stay on a beach resort on the lake or a hotel on the village and just go to the public beach lake george looks li ke a good place but is so big that we are afraid to miss everyrhing buy being to far please if any body has any sugestion so far we have checked the howard jonhson tiki resort' the mohican motel, the juliana and the depene resort

Lake George,NY
reviews: 3
1. Re: best places to stay?

Wow well you've done your homework and looked at some of the best places. Honey I have to tell ya we're not that big you'll see it all trust me. Check out the Lake George overview pages, I wrote everything from where to stay, to eat, to see to play etc. I also wrote a go! page that might help a bit. link added below..The Tiki Resort is just up the hill from the lake, you can walk easily, right behind you is a great park for picnics, walking etc, educational for the older kids too as its where the Lake George battles were fought.. the park is right across from the Lake and by the steamboats. The Tiki has in-room kitchenettes which save you from having to eat every meal out too. Also, you are close enough to walk to the Lake and town, but far enough to have quiet nights, not close enough to any bars to hear them, thank goodness, but close enough to walk to them if you want. There is a bowling alley across the street and a mobil gas station with a pizza/ sub shop and groceries. Juliana and Depe Dene are much farther up Route 9N, a bit of a drive, but still very nice resorts, depends on how close you want to be to everything. I'd recommend the Tiki resort, I've stayed there, yes even as a local we run away to play up there sometimes, it was clean, friendly and the comedy club/ polynesian shows were enjoyable. It's a very Hawaiian themed place, you'll feel like you're in Hawaii as soon as you walk in the door. Hope this and my overview and Go pages help! Enjoy Lake George! tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1637-Bloom_wit…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1635-Bloom_thi…