We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 25
Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

Looks like I should have went to Lake George last week. =) With all the expected rain in the next few days I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for things to do in rainy weather in LG with two small kids (6 and 5) Right now it looks like the movies, the Fun Spot and the Minnie Ha Ha. Any ideas? Thanks.

Boston
reviews: 55
1. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

This is always a tuff situation no matter where you go if its raining and you have children with you, my first rule was to always book a place with an indoor pool, that said.

Bring some umbrellas, you can still walk outdoors; go visit other places that are close such as Bolton Landing, Saratoga Springs. There are outlet stores close to the Village of LG, tell the kids you’re going to buy them something LOL.

There is more then one arcade in and around the area, more then one boat cruise also. Check to see if you can pay to use the Indoor Water park at the Great Escape Lodge.

Weather forecast are wrong most of the time so wait till your there and see what its like. I can think of worse places to be then LG in the rain.

Try to make the best of it.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 16
2. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

The indoor water park will sometimes issue day passes midweek. Call them even if it's not advertised to ask. Try Aimee's Dinner and a Movie, the Aviation Mall has a bouncy bounce and indoor putt-putt, and the Go! World Awareness Museum is oriented towards children. Also, the Hyde Museum has children's activities, as does the Crandall Public Library. As long as it's just overcast, I highly recommend strawberry and blueberry picking. You would be surprised at how long this can occupy your kids! If all else fails, take a day trip to the Burlington Aqurium, or, better yet the Ben and Jerry's factory for a tour and tasting. Have fun! The weather looks better on Weds!

Edited: 9:11 am, June 25, 2012
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 16
3. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

Also, Up Yonda Farm is fun, even in the rain. The Scenic Railroad in North Creek is fun, but only if it's clear enough for views!

Edited: 9:15 am, June 25, 2012
Westchester County
reviews: 2
4. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

The Great Escape Lodge has an indoor water wark that sells day passes for $30.00 (may have gone up). But these get sold out fast. When my kids were little, we used to stay where there was an indoor pool just for this reason. My kids also used to love playing miniature golf in the rain with their rain slickers on! (not downpouring or lightening obviously).

NYC
5. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

Great Ideas. Thanks so much

NYC
6. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

@basketball mom - the kids played last night in the rain. They did love it.

Westchester County
reviews: 2
7. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

@Deacon -- They think they are getting away with something!

8. Re: Things to do in the Rain with Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 28, 2013