We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rental Horror Story

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape May, New Jersey
Boat Rental Horror Story

Please be forewarned. Do not rent boat from Chics Marina. We had a horrible experience there today. Rented a pantoon for the entire day. When we returned and went to pay for the gasoline , we were also charged for overtime (we were told in the morning what time to come back-which we did). While trying to resolve the dispute the owner became irate, screaming and telling one of his workers to block our car with his truck so we couldn't get out until we paid. The same man also screamed at me to shut up several times in front of my three young children. He also shoved my husband. We had to get the police involved. We have never experienced anything like this before. We have been going to Lake George for years and always rent from Yankee (without any issues). Obviously, we will never go back to Chics and hope that this post will help others avoid this kind of unprofessional mistreatment. Chics, you should be ashamed of your conduct.

New York City, New...
reviews: 567
1. Re: Boat Rental Horror Story

wow. That owner clearly has problems that go beyond customers issues. Hope the rest of the trip went better.

2. Re: Boat Rental Horror Story

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 12, 2012