We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Which Ithaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 3
Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Driving from Westchester, NY to Ithaca/Cortalnd this weekend with 2 young children (5 and 1). Any place you recommend to eat for breakfast or lunch as we drive upstate?

Irondequoit, New...
reviews: 61
1. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Are you taking I87/NY17? There are a couple of diners around the halfway point, Liberty has some, though I've never been to those, as does Roscoe, NY. I have been to the Roscoe Diner, very easy on/off to the expressway, the diner is... Fine. Perfectly adequate I would think with children.

And now I'm second guessing myself a wee bit, Roscoe may be a bit less than halfway.

Boca Raton, Florida
reviews: 12
2. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

roscoe is considered the halfway point between new york and syracuse. problem is that once past roscoe it is a long way to another suitable diner. in roscoe, rather than the rather mundane diner, make a left into town and a left on the main street. part way down on the right is an intown diner/coffee shop which is pretty good.

the gas station in front of the diner has about the highest prices on 17.

New York
reviews: 3
3. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Driving up on Route 17. I guess I will check out Roscoe or something else along the way.

staten island
reviews: 27
4. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

I agree with going into the town of Roscoe instead of the diner. If they're all still there since the last time I was there, a few years ago, there's better options than the diner. It's very close to the exit off 17.

Irondequoit, New...
reviews: 61
5. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Unfortunately, every time I go through Roscoe the only thing open is the diner. Someday I may get a chance to try something else (but that's why I only mentioned the WFRD)...

staten island
reviews: 27
6. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Mclee- I judge places by the quality of their bacon and I was not impressed with the diner. I don't remeber what I ate at Buffalo Zach's. I've had both brunch and a late lunch on separate occasions there and was pleased (I don't think I had bacon, though). I also thought Raimondo's food was good.

hshunter- Please let us know what you found.

7. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013