We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishkill or Middleton

Which Fishkill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
reviews: 42
Fishkill or Middleton

We are in the area for a weekend. Were would it be nicer to stay, Fishkill Courtyard or Middleton Courtyard? From the reviews it looks like the Middleton Hotel is a little better, but how about the area?

We like nice restaurants and walking around sightseeing.

We have to go one day to Hyde Park. Could not get a room there.

Any suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
Albany
reviews: 74
1. Re: Fishkill or Middleton

Personally I would stay in Fishkill. It would be easier to get to Hyde Park from here (just shoot right up route 9 North). Have you checked hotels in either Wappingers Falls or Poughkeepsie? They are closer to Hyde Park. I have stayed at the Fishkill Marriott Courtyard and the rooms are fine - typical courtyard. There are many shops and restaurants very close to the hotel.

Vermont
2. Re: Fishkill or Middleton

All the Marriotts closer to HydePark are booked. The only otion would be the one in Kingston. After reading some reviews it just seems overpriced for what you get in the end.

Any recommendations for Restaurants close to the Fishkill Marriott? We like good food, more upscale and no chain Restaurants.

Thanks so much for your input and help!

Albany
reviews: 74
3. Re: Fishkill or Middleton

I actually grew up in the Fishkill/Wappingers Falls area and a lot has changed since I lived there. I'm no so familar anymore with the restaurants other than the chains (which there are many of) in that particular area. I looked on this site and there are several upscale restaurants that seemed to have a good rating. The Marriott in Fishkill is in a busy area with many hotels, chain restaurants, walmart supercenter and BJs wholesale club. The hotel is located on a very busy road (rt 9) and not really made for walking around, but neither is middletown. I think Fishkill is safer than the middletown area. I just don't want you to get the wrong impression that you are going to be able to walk out the hotel door and walk around sightseeing. Its not that type of area. Did you check into The Beekman Arms hotel? Its located in Rhinebeck and is a lovely area for walking around to quaint little shops, a couple of fine dining options and only about 10 mins from Hyde Park. Not sure if you had to stay in marriott or not. Just an option. Oh and yeah - I don't recommend staying in Kingston.

Hudson Valley
reviews: 2
4. Re: Fishkill or Middleton

I agree with staying in Fishkill over Middletown, especially if you are going to Hyde Park. Kingston is also very accessible and I would also consider staying there (and the bonus is you avoid all the stop lights on Route 9). I'm speaking strictly on Kingston location in general - not sure where the Courtyard is there.

Places you might like near Fishkill Marriott:

Il Barilotto (upscale Italian)

Sapore (steakhouse)

We also like (but not upscale):

Tanjore (excellent Indian food)

Cafe Maya (Mexican food)

Tomato Cafe (tasty salads, pastas, pizzas, and yummy desserts)

Breakfast spot to grab a bagel/sandwich:

The Bagel Shoppe

If you are in the Hyde Park area on a weekday, check out the Apple Pie Bakery at the CIA. Also north of Fishkill I like Crave (Poughkeepsie), Terrapin (Rhinebeck), and Mercato (Red Hook - probably too far for you - but still great). I haven't eaten yet at Gigis in Rhinebeck, but it's supposed to be good too. Also, Artist's Palette in Poughkeepsie is good.

Vermont
5. Re: Fishkill or Middleton

Thanks so much. Got a good idea what to expect. Very helpful!

Hope I can return the favour if you plan on a trip to Vermont.

Reply to: Fishkill or Middleton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fishkill
More Fishkill Topics