We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kismet - picnicking allowed?

Which Fire Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 8
Kismet - picnicking allowed?

Would we be able to bring our own food for a simple lunch on the beach? I'm not talking about an elaborate affair, just sitting there discreetly having a sandwich, fruit, water to drink ...

Also, are any public changing facilities and bathrooms available? We're thinking of doing a LIRR Beach Getaway for the day.

Note: I imagine this is a common enough question but I couldn't find much when I searched.

NYC / Fire Island...
1. Re: Kismet - picnicking allowed?

Hola.

We have never had a problem with picnicking on the beach at Kismet. That said, we are not sure of the exact regulations, though Kismet is MUCH less restrictive than Ocean Beach (commonly known as “the land of ‘no’”) and, at the same time, folks who come to Kismet seem to be MUCH more appreciative of the environment: less litter, less dune damage, etc. Just cleanup after yourselves and you should have no problem with the picnic.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

NYC / Fire Island...
2. Re: Kismet - picnicking allowed?

....and as far as we know there are no public showers and toilets at Kismet, though there are a couple of restaurants with restrooms. For day tripping on an LIRR Getaway Plan, most folks that we know go the Sailors Haven/Sunken Forest where there are public showers, toilets and life guards. Further, Sailors Haven/Sunken Forest is a short stroll (about 15 minutes) from Cherry Grove where there are some great restaurants, bars and discos. The Sayville Ferry services Sailors Haven/Sunken Forest, Cherry Grove/Oakleyville, Fire Island Pines, and Water Island.

CH

New York City, New...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Kismet - picnicking allowed?

Sounds great. Thanks for the feedback, CH

4. Re: Kismet - picnicking allowed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 20, 2013