We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get to Niagara falls from elmira

Which Elmira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Cheapest way to get to Niagara falls from elmira

Hi I will be flying from california to elmira ny and was wondering if anyone new if it would be cheaper to rent a car and drive to niagara falls or if there is a better way?

I only have one day available to make the trip to Niagara is why I am asking.

Thanks

Rochester, NY
reviews: 15
1. Re: Cheapest way to get to Niagara falls from elmira

You have one day to get to the falls and visit them? Or you have one day to get there and then you're staying over?

I'm not sure about flights from Elmira to Niagara Falls, but you could drive there in a few hours time.

NY and NC
2. Re: Cheapest way to get to Niagara falls from elmira

I would definately drive. Flights out of Elmira would go to a hub, which would then go to Niagara Falls. A flight there would take up much more time and more money. I would drive. You can either drive up to Rochester and take the interstate to Buffalo and then go up on 291, or you could go up to Geneseo and go through the back roads to get to Buffalo. I would recommend going to Rochester, especially if you're going in the winter time.

Remember too - there's Niagara Falls, USA, and Niagara Falls, Canada. Canada is much better. Don't forget your passport though if you're going across the border.

3. Re: Cheapest way to get to Niagara falls from elmira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Elmira