We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How should we get around in NYC?

Which East Elmhurst hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
How should we get around in NYC?

Hello, I'm traveling to NYC via MegaBus. It lets us off at New York, NY, 7th Ave & 28th St. We have a hotel room booked at Hotel Pennsylvania, but we are flying back out from LaGuardia airport. I found a better deal on Laguardia Plaza hotel; which of course is closer to the airport & we have a 7AM flight. Should we take a taxi to the airport hotel & just travel back & forth via Subway in & out of the city, or should we just stay at Hotel Pensylvania closer to everything including our megabus drop off & taxi or shuttle to the airport when getting ready to depart?

4 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 55
1. Re: How should we get around in NYC?

Staying near the airport and going to/from Manhattan to sightsee isn't a good idea.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 55
2. Re: How should we get around in NYC?

Oh, and you may want to post this in the New York City forum; I don't think the East Elmhurst forum gets many visitors.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
3. Re: How should we get around in NYC?

Neither is a good idea. The Hotel Pennsylvania is a dump that's scheduled to be torn down and staying out by LaGuardia is very inconvenient. The subway doesn't run to the airport so you'd need to take a bus to and from the subway every day of your stay.

Post your dates, needed room configuration and budget and experts on this forum can give you advice.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 14
4. Re: How should we get around in NYC?

Go to the New York City forum. You'll find lots of existing info there in recent discussions and in the Top Questions.

Do a forum search for Hotel Pennsylvania and you'll discover that it's a terrible idea. If you post your exact dates (prices fluctuate) and target budget, you may get some better recommendations.

Reply to: How should we get around in NYC?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Elmhurst