We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Trip

Which Cooperstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, NY
reviews: 8
Weekend Trip

Thinking about taking a weekend getaway with husband to Cooperstown. We live in Albany and I've been to HOF but hubby has not. Would also like to visit the Ommegang Brewery and the other sites of Cooperstown. Any suggestions for hotel, restaurants etc would be greatly appreciated. Thinking of going on late April early May. Thanks

NY
reviews: 65
1. Re: Weekend Trip

I've stayed at Lake View Motel and Hickory Grove Motor Inn and have been happy. There are many choices closer to town as well.

I have eaten at the Otesaga Hotel and have enjoyed it. You may want to go to the Farmer's Museum or Fenimore Art Musuem if you have more time.

Have a good trip.

Cooperstown
reviews: 1
2. Re: Weekend Trip

can you give us a price range(or is there a range)-that will help narrow the choices-

Cooperstown, NY
3. Re: Weekend Trip

There are lots of variety in places to stay or eat. What are you looking for in an experience? How do you want to enjoy the stay?

For things to do, this link might help you out. It's a variety of things in the area that are special, and help make a trip more enjoyable. Hope it helps.

http://ithacacooperstown.com/Coop%20FAQ.htm

Albany, NY
reviews: 8
4. Re: Weekend Trip

I would say in the range of $100-$150 per night.. closer to $100 would be better. We don't need lavish accomodations. Thanks for the advice so far.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
5. Re: Weekend Trip

We loved Lake n Pines. Right on the water...magnificent view of the lake. Look here for rates and photos:

http://www.cooperstown.net/lake-n-pines/

You'd be paying about $70-$75 that time of year. Around the second week in June it jumps to about $140.

We liked the room set up, the balcony, enjoyed the kitchen cabin with breakfast overlooking the lake.

It's surrounded by extremely tall trees on an incline down to the lake and rowboats and paddle boats.

The rooms we like the best are not around the pool, but up by the ice cream machine...which in itself intrigued our group with it's vacuum method. Up there you have a great view all around and a balcony or deck. Yet you enter on the ground level, parking right at your front door. If you parked at your door on the level below, just a bit downhill, then your terrace and room would look out on the parking lot. Much better with so much nature to look out on the woods and lake.

We were near the Farmer's Museum and the Art Museum...which at some point this summer features a collection of Stickley.

After that we continued on to Albany.

New York
reviews: 5
6. Re: Weekend Trip

Hi kyyi0214 -

I recently made a weekend getaway to Cooperstown and managed to quite a lot in just a few days. Here are some suggestions:

Attractions - Definitely do the Baseball Hall of Fame and Ommegang Brewery, which is only a 15 minute drive from Main Street. Cooperstown Brewery is also a very close drive away, as is the Cooperstown Cheese Company where you can sample and buy local cheeses. The Farmers' Museum will also be open as of the beginning of April, where you can explore an historic working farm.

Restaurants - We stayed 2 blocks from Main Street so all of the restaurants we visited where right there on the strip. Our favorite for lunch was Doubleday Cafe, and for dinner were Nicolettas and Hoffman Lane Bistro.

Hotels - We stayed at The Landmark Inn, which was the most charming B&B, and because we stayed before Memorial Day, we only paid $145 a night for a room with a fireplace and a delicious breakfast every morning. There are several B&B's in walking distance to Main Street (The White House Inn and the Inn at Cooperstown to name a few), so do some research and decide which has the best prices for what you are looking for.

Enjoy your trip! It's a wonderful town, and since it's so close to Albany, I am sure you will be returning again and again.

7. Re: Weekend Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 23, 2009