We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catskill for Foliage

Which Catskill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Milford, New...
reviews: 1
Catskill for Foliage

We are planning a small (2 nights) trip to Catskill to see the beautiful foliage this October. I will be with my wife and 4 year old girl. I need some recommendations and suggestions on the following:

- We are planning for Oct 11 - Oct 13. Will this be the best time to see foliage at it's peak?

- Where should we plan to get a hotel? Which place in particular from where we can easily take our car to see foliage or other activities (if any)

- Any recommendation of hotel with a nice foliage view?

I am a avid photographer and would like to know some of the best locations for photography.

Hudson Valley
1. Re: Catskill for Foliage

Peak time will vary, but early October is generally a safe bet. We day trip to the Catskills, so rarely stay in hotels, so not as familiar with that aspect. I would look in the Phoenicia area. Nearby is a train ride your daughter might like and it's nice to walk across Ashokan Reservoir (off of 28). Could also look some place around Hunter. You can take the ski lift up the mountain (I'm assuming it's running) and do a short hike to the firetower. Should be nice views.

Kaaterskill Falls is a nice spot and you can also get some nice views from the ledges around North Lake (fee area).

New Milford, New...
2. Re: Catskill for Foliage

Thanks for your response. I have booked a hotel that was near to catskill - Best Western New Baltimore Inn, Coxsackie.

Appreciate your inputs on the places that we can visit with our little one. I would be interested in clicking some pictures of the real waterfalls.. I am so excited to see the autumn colors :-)

Albany
reviews: 70
3. Re: Catskill for Foliage

Mid October is the perfect time in the Catskill region for fall foliage. You must take a ride up to Mohonk Mountain House. You can stay there as well, but its very pricey. You are permitted to go there to eat (gourmet food) or just hike the beautiful grounds. I would list it as a "must do" when you are in that region.

4. Re: Catskill for Foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 13, 2014