We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do on a girls weekend away

Which Canandaigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Things to do on a girls weekend away

We will be staying at an Inn the first weekend in May. We have already planned spa and shopping time, but would like recommendations of things to do that are unique to the area. The Inn is just outside of Rochester; we have a car and don't mind driving.

Any cute towns close by? Is Rochester worth a visit? Also restaurant recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks for the advice! Goosey

Rochester, New York
1. Re: Things to do on a girls weekend away

What area are you staying in?

Irondequoit, New...
reviews: 63
2. Re: Things to do on a girls weekend away

Rochester is an easy 30-40 minute drive away (From the Inn take NY332 to I90W (about a $0.25 toll) to the first exit, then I490 into Rochester).

More importantly, though, is what do you want to do? And how far do you want to drive?

Main Street Canandiagua has a lot of "cute town" ambiance. There's a pub right across from the hotel, MacGregor's, that has good bar food and a good selection of beers on tap, but don't know if that's your thing. The Finger Lakes Food & Wine Center (or whatever they call it) is right next door to the CIotL, also. There are a few restaurants along the waterfront that are walking distance, but you will want to check TA reviews, first. To be honest, I used to work in Canandaigua, but it's been a number of years and I don't recall names all that well, but Polimeni's was right there, I think something called The Doctor's Inn (that could be way off, though). Downtown is Casa de Pasta and a lot of other cafes. I stress checking TA reviews as I last ate at any of them (other than MacGregors) more than four years ago, an eternity in the restaurant life cycle.

Ontario
3. Re: Things to do on a girls weekend away

Fairport, just outside of Rochester. We have a car to get around if needed.

Thanks for any advice!

4. Re: Things to do on a girls weekend away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:55 am, September 03, 2013
Buffalo, New York
reviews: 16
5. Re: Things to do on a girls weekend away

A fun place to meander and gives you alot to look at, BUT make sure you allow enough time is the Ontario Antique Mall, this is on the main street off the the Thruway as you head into Canandaigua.

6. Re: Things to do on a girls weekend away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 05, 2015