We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finger Lake cabin rental

Which Canandaigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glassboro, New...
reviews: 31
Finger Lake cabin rental

We want to rent a 4 BDR cabin (sleep 8-10) on 1 of the Finger Lakes. Because of the number of lakes, wonder if someone could zero in on a pleasant renting experience they have had for their stay. We'd like to be close to the water, yet have a yard for the kids to play baseball, soccer, etc. Thank you.

mgrace

Finger Lakes, NY
reviews: 74
1. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

Try either Finger Lakes Premier Properties or Onanda Park Cabin rentals (Town of Canandaigua) if you are looking for something less expensive and rustic. Keuka Lake state park is great, too. I can't speak to the other lakes. Canandaigua and Keuka are smaller and therefore more swimable.

Corning, New York
reviews: 2
2. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

Yes, our office in Finger Lakes Wine Country recommends Finger Lakes Premier Properties. They have tons of vacations rentals on each of the Finger Lakes. http://fingerlakespremierproperties.com

Happy Thanksgiving!

Branchport, New York
reviews: 14
3. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

Keuka Lake State Park has no cabins.

Boston...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

We want to rent a lakeside house that can sleep 18 for a long weekend 7/26/27 through 7/29 for a family reunion weekend. Is any such property rental available. Do not want a hotel etc as "what's the point" - we all want to be together and close to the water.

Canandaigua
reviews: 122
5. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

it will be hard to get a large place for just a weekend that time of year. Like many resort areas, Sat-Sat bookings are preferred.

Upstate New York
reviews: 12
6. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

http://www.fingerlakespremierproperties.com/ is an excellent source and they do have some weekend rentals. Your best bet would be to call them directly. I also recommend VRBO and searching the Finger Lakes. You may find an owner willing to rent for a week or less. You will pay a premium price to be by the water on any of the Finger Lakes. Avoid Honeoye and Conesus Lakes if you want to swim as they are very weedy. South end of Canandaigua Lake is also thick with seaweed.

If you have any questions about specific areas or lake, feel free to ask or email me. I've lived here my entire life.

Enjoy your trip!

WNY
reviews: 3
7. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

You don't say when you want to rent, but it's very late to try to find anything for this summer on many of the lakes. Rentals of cottages are usually only for a full week in the summer. Do a search on "Finger Lakes rentals" and you should get several leads.

I highly recommend Keuka, but then I'm very partial to it.

Finger Lakes, NY
reviews: 74
8. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

I would imagine that the condos at Bristol Harbor on Canandaigua should be able to accommodate your large group, even late in the season. They have condos, hotel rooms and houses for rent. Worth a try.

9. Re: Finger Lake cabin rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, June 03, 2014