We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

Which Binghamton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 30
Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

Hi. I am traveling to the Binghamton area the first weekend in October (Oct 4th-5th) and we are hoping to catch some fall foliage in the area. Does anyone have suggestions for scenic routes, rides, byways, parks, nature preserves etc in the area. I know it probably will not be peak color but I am hoping that it should at least have moderate color change. I will be coming from Long Island traveling with my husband and 2 boys (7 &9). Thank you.

9 replies to this topic
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

The area by thr Methodist house off Reynolds rd. Also bun hill rd in vestal might have some good spots as well.

reviews: 30
2. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

Many thanks again for your insight

Binghamton, NY
reviews: 79
3. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

A few leaves are already starting to change color in the rural areas outside Binghamton. I'm not sure if trees will still be colorful along the river at Otsiningo Park or the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chenango Rivers near downtown.

Queens, NY
4. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

@ 'cgbingo'

I too am planning on going out to Binghamton, but more like mid-September. We just got back from there yesterday, and had a beautiful, but sad time dropping our son of at BU to start his freshman year. We spent an evening walking in Otsiningo Park - beautiful! You say in your post that you're 'not sure if trees will still be colorful......' referring to October 4th-5th. So are they already very colorful in mid- September? Thanks!

Binghamton, NY
reviews: 79
5. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

@Adam G: I'm glad you got to enjoy walking at Otsiningo, although I'm sure it was hard dropping your son off for his first year at BU.

Here's a link to New York State's fall foliage report/map. They start updating it on Wednesday, September 12 and continue updates every Wednesday afternoon throughout the season. I hope this will help you keep an eye on foliage forecasts. It's so hard for me to predict, and I don't want to steer you wrong. Leaves in this area can be very vivid and last longer or dull and fleeting colors.You can always ask again on this forum and I'll try to give you an update if you expect to be visiting your son soon.

@Baldwinlevy: The iloveny.com scenic vistas page mentions Round Top Picnic Area in Endicott. I believe it's pretty small there, although I don't recall ever actually visiting it specifically. Thought I'd mention it, though.

Queens, NY
6. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

Hi cgbingo,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The links will certainly help, and I understand the difficulty in predicting.

With appreciation,

Adam

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

Good post. I must admit everytime im up there i really dont pay attention to the leaves

Portland, Oregon
8. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

I took advantage of a helicopter service out of Endicott (just west of Binghamton) last fall. The view was breathtaking! Highly recommended!

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
9. Re: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping

Dude this post is from auguat

Reply to: Good Spots for Leaf Peeping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Binghamton