We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What To Do on Road Trip Between Philadelphia and Bath, NY

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paoli, Pennsylvania
What To Do on Road Trip Between Philadelphia and Bath, NY

Hi,

I'm looking to go on a road trip to Bath, NY, from Philadelphia. I have NO idea if there is anything en route but I'd like to stop somewhere on the way there or on the way back.

Do you know any nice towns or any nice attractions or even hotels???

Thanks!

-Sam

2 replies to this topic
Irondequoit, New...
reviews: 61
1. Re: What To Do on Road Trip Between Philadelphia and Bath, NY

Philly to Bath is a short drive (depending on where you're leaving from in Philly, though I assume it's 476 to 80 to US15/I99?), with very few "big" places along the way.

The Corning Museum of Glass is along the way, though you'll be almost all the way there by then. Same with the aviation museums in Hammondsport (they're actually past Bath a few miles).

What sort of things do you want to do? Shop? Hike? Museums?

I don't mean to disparage, but there really isn't a whole lot along the way. The biggest cities you'll go through are Allentown, Williamsport, and Corning.

Little League Museum is in

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
reviews: 142
2. Re: What To Do on Road Trip Between Philadelphia and Bath, NY

In Scranton PA (right off I-81), you could take the interesting coal mine tour.

In Elmira, NY (right off NY17/I86), you can take a glider ride at Harris Hill (great views and exhilarating experience).

In Corning (the next city west of the interstate), you can visit the Glass Museum - really interesting and fun. There are also good dining options nearby on Market St. and good lodging options as well.

If you don't mind venturing off the interstate, Watkins Glen (20 miles from Corning on NY414) is a great option to visit Watkins Glen State Park - there is an amazing gorge w/many waterfalls. It is about a 1.5 mile hike each way.

From there, you could go up the west side of Seneca Lake (NY 14) to NY 54 (Penn Yan). Continuing on NY 54 takes you right to Bath. On NY 14 and 54, there are MANY wineries. I am not a wine drinker so I can't recommend any specific ones, but there are some well regarded ones (based on recommendations from other TA posters - search on "Finger Lakes" then "attractions" or "wineries"). Glenora winery has a good restaurant. This drive is also scenic as you drive along Seneca then Keuka lakes.

The Curtiss museum just outside of Bath is interesting; especially if you enjoy aviation. Either way, it's worth a look.

Enjoy!

Reply to: What To Do on Road Trip Between Philadelphia and Bath, NY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bath