We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 27
Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

Hi,

We will be camping at Xakanaxa (2 nights) and Third Bridge (3 nights) in late Oct.

Is it possible to join a mokoro trip from there? I imagine that the nearby private lodges run/organise them.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

north yorkshire
reviews: 18
1. Re: Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

We went on a Mkoro from Mboma boat station, a relatively short trip from Third Bridge. This is a community venture and we enjoyed our trip.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 27
2. Re: Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

Fantastic, thanks for the tip Safarifriend

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

I wouldn't recommend a boat trip at Third Bridge, based on our experience there a few weeks ago. We felt that we'd been misled, and the skipper deliberately meandered through the channels to extend the one hour booking to 2 hours. I wasn't impressed. But they might be fine for a mokoro trip.

I preferred the boat trip from Xakanaxa to that from third bridge. Mboma Boat station also is a good option, but be warned that the sand is horrendous (treacherous) on the Mboma loop at the moment.

Avila Beach...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

I agree that we were misled at Third Bridge, but I still enjoyed the boat ride. On the other hand, I'm easy to please (IMHO - LOL). If you do decide to go make sure you have a clear understanding regarding where you are going, how long it will take and how much it will cost. We definitely did not see much in the way of wildlife, but seeing the delta from the water was a different perspective to me.

5. Re: Tips for mokoro trips near Xakanaxa or Third Bridge camps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Okavango Delta