We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madikwe or Sabi Sand

Which Madikwe Game Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Grange, Kentucky
reviews: 3
Madikwe or Sabi Sand

Hi all, I was in Madikwe last Nov. for a couple of nights at Tau and had a fantastic time. I had such a great experience that I want to take my family (wife and kids 11 &15) on safari next year. My first inclination was to return to Madikwe, but I am also reading great things about Sabi Sand.

So, I would love to hear everyone's opinion on where I should go. Keep in mind that cost is a factor as well. I'm not trying to be cheap but if there is a big difference in price that could settle it for me.

Thanks

Cape Town
reviews: 1
1. Re: Madikwe or Sabi Sand

If you want the best chance of seeing all the big 5 including Leopard then the Sabi Sands is where you should go. Cost need not be a factor. Some of the lodges in the Northern part of the Sabi Sands are very good value. Have a look at Elephant Plains.

I also love Madikwe though and it does have the advantage of being Malaria free and even though the Sabi Sands is a low risk Malaria area, you may want to avoid any risk. You also have a much better chance of seeing Wild Dogs in Madikwe which is very exciting.

Mark September

Small World Tours

reviews: 2
2. Re: Madikwe or Sabi Sand

Sabi Sand is also brilliant for game viewing although in saying this, the reserve is world renown for it's big five game viewing and not a whole lot else. The cross section of game in Madikwe is far superior. In certain parts of the Sabi Sand it can be very very busy in terms if numbers of game viewing vehicles and lodges. Lodges are quite pricey in comparison to Madikwe too. Hopes this helps.

3. Re: Madikwe or Sabi Sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 14, 2013