We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cage dives with Great White Sharks in Cape Town

Which Timbavati Private Nature Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Cage dives with Great White Sharks in Cape Town

Hi there

We are hoping to visit Cape Town at the beginning of June and would really like to see Great White sharks and possibly dive in a cage to see them in their natural environment. Can anyone give us some advice about this and possible recommend the best source provider.

Thanks

Purplehaz

england
reviews: 55
1. Re: Cage dives with Great White Sharks in Cape Town

Hi

We've just booked a days viewing trip in July with White Shark Ecoventures. We did some research and their trip seemed the best value for money, we emailed them, they sent the booking from through, then we faxed it off to them - easy! They seem very professional too. They are picking us up from our hotel in Cape Town.

My partner is going down in the cage, but I'm watching from the boat!

Have fun!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 44
2. Re: Cage dives with Great White Sharks in Cape Town

I work part-time for the video company that records the shark boat experience - 5 of the 7 boats use our services and all of them are professionally run. I do recommend White Shark Ecoventures perhaps because I know them best: http://www.white-shark-diving.com/ It's a full day starting with a pickup in Cape Town as early as 5:45AM! About a 2 hour drive to Gansbaai, the base for the boats.. briefing and a light breakfast.. then about 4 hours on the boat. (In busy seasons, there are both morning & afternoon sailings.) All equipment is provided, but it's good to have dry clothing to put on after you take off the wet suit. And in June & July it can be very chilly, especially out on the water. All in all, an amazing experience. The video? It will be shown to the guests back on shore, and it can be ordered for delivery in 10 days or so. DVD or VHS, PAL or NTSC.

3. Re: Cage dives with Great White Sharks in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Timbavati Private...