We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dulini new ownership

Which Sabi Sand Game Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey, USA
reviews: 1
Dulini new ownership

Hi there,

My wife and I are in the process of booking our safari in August and I know the Exeter Dulini recently had an ownership change. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to how that may impact a stay there?

Thanks in advance.

SOUTH AFRICA
1. Re: Dulini new ownership

I have met with the new management and they have given me the assurance that if anything, guests staying at Dulini from now onwards, will have even better experiences than in the past. I see no reason why you should not book your safari at this beautiful lodge!

Tanya * owner * Africa Directt

New Jersey, USA
2. Re: Dulini new ownership

Thanks so much Tanya. Like many others, I've been reading posts to figure out where to stay.

Any thoughts on Dulini as opposed to Exeter River or Lion Sands River/Ivory? We understand each seems amazing in its own right.

Londolizi Granite Suites is also an option, but it's significantly more expensive than the rest. It seems Londolizi may have the best game viewing experience from the posts I've read.

Washington DC...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Dulini new ownership

Been to both Dulini and Londolozi. Dulini is a great choice but I'd go with Londolozi every time if it didn't break the bank.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
reviews: 22
4. Re: Dulini new ownership

H there

We are soon heading back to Dulini for our fourth visit.

Because of the new ownership we did a bit of research on other options but decided to return to the place we have come to know and love over the last few years. We have had contact with the new owners and like Tanya have been assured of the same commitment to the quality we are used to. We have even checked on the new rangers.

Apart from the wonderful accommodation, food and people at Dulini we also choose it due to the maximum number of guests on a game vehicle which is six. This will still be the case and in fact they are upgrading the vehicles to enable an even better experience, with seating for two across and a place for camera and other gear in the middle,

When we looked at all the other options (including Londolozi) we still found Dulini to give the best value, it is luxurious without the over the top extras like designer linen, top shelf liquors, spa treatments, massages and so which we have no interest in. Whether or not that is what you want however is of course a personal choice.

The new owners have managed Dulini before and we are confident they will keep up the high standards, after all with a reputation like that, why would you not.

And the most important thing, the game drives have always been fantastic.

We have two reviews on this site if you would like more details.

New Jersey, USA
5. Re: Dulini new ownership

Thank you all, your posts have been very helpful.

Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 40
6. Re: Dulini new ownership

I had some of the same concerns. I have several clients booked to stay at Dulini through the rest of the year, starting in about 2 weeks. I talked with the Manager and with their Reservations dept. - partly because I was concerned that Dulini might have lower rates in its new operating plan. All of my clients are booked on the original AndBeyond rates. I don't want my clients sitting across the dinner table from someone who is telling everyone about some great deal they got on a 'New Ownership Special'.

I need not have worried. Rates are the same. The 4-for-3 is the same. 6 guests in a vehicle is the same. The Manager tells me that they believe dining will be better. And they have new vehicles coming into service in May.

Yes - It is still one of the best blends of comfort and price in Sabi Sand.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Washington DC...
reviews: 9
7. Re: Dulini new ownership

Good information, Dave.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
8. Re: Dulini new ownership

Thanks Dave and Tanya

Good to hear same reassurances from yourselves being in the industry.

Raleigh, North...
9. Re: Dulini new ownership

In case anybody is interested, the new Dulini website is now operational.

The website looks pretty slick, and does a good job conveying a premium brand...also it seems like they are holding the old &beyond rates for 2013. Should be interesting to see where rates go in 2014...I'm assuming higher...

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
10. Re: Dulini new ownership

Thanks Craig have been watching for that.

Agree by the look of all those rather upmarket sounding descriptions the tariffs can only go one way.

Can't wait for our fourth visit this year, let's hope it has not lost too much of its genuine ambience and earthiness.