My boyfriend and I arrive in Jo-burg Jan 21 in the morning, plan to head straight towards Kruger, and will spend the nights of the 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th on safari before heading back to Jo-burg for a flight to Cape Town.
We've read up on the park vs private reserves and have to decide between a few options:
- Should we rent a car from Jo-burg to drive to the private reserves, or get a shuttle or car to drive us (from Jo-burg to the camp/camps, then the camp/camps to Jo-burg)?
- Will we need out own car if we're on private reserves the whole time?
- Does anyone have shuttle recommendations (if we choose not to drive ourselves), or car rental recommendations (if we choose to drive ourselves)?
2. NALEDI BUSHCAMP & ELEPHANT PLAINS:
- We are either spending 2 nights at Naledi, then 3 nights at Elephant Plains, or spending all 5 nights at Elephant Plains. Why? We're trying to decide between doing both (to experience 2 different camps, get different perspectives, rather than relying on 1 reserve) or just doing EP (amazing reviews, #1 on Tripadvisor, not having to travel between camps). From your experience, what do you recommend?
3. BEST RATES:
- So far, the best prices I've found for Naledi and EP are direct from their respective websites. Are there any ways to get discount rates through agencies (especially if we bundle it with transportation from Joburg)?
Thank you so much!