We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio Rancho, New...
reviews: 21
LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

Howdy! We will be coming up to Las Vegas next weekend to watch my niece compete in dirt bike races, however, that's the mystery...we have no idea where in Las Vegas that would be! When we traveled through LV on our way to Pandaries..we didn't see anything that would point us to a location where the races could be held. Would anyone be able to give us an idea where this is going to be held?

Also..it's kind of a mini-family reunion too...so any suggestions for a large (15) group Saturday night dinner in town would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 36
1. Re: LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

After much searching, I too have been unable to find any information regarding bike races in Las Vegas, NM. I presume you mean the BMX type, but there is no BMX track listed in Las Vegas. Or, is this an "off road" dirt bike race through the mountain foothills?

As for dinner suggestions. The nicest place would probably be the Landmark Grill, inside the historic Palace Hotel on the Plaza. We had lunch there on our last visit and it was very good.

Two other favorites of ours would include, Black Jack's Grill, and Estella's Cafe (not fancy, but good New Mexican food!)

Enjoy your trip! Your niece may have to give you directions however! :-)

Rio Rancho, New...
2. Re: LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

Hey! Thank you so much for such a quick reply! :0)

She is supposed to be on a small dirt bike from what I understand..so maybe it is on a mountain trail - I really don't know that much about it! sigh!

I will make note of the 3 eating suggestions and have them ready for Sat night when we want to gather for dinner from all of the different directions we'll take that day.

If anyone happens to know of where they do the dirt bike motorcycle races next weekend and can post it before we go - that'd be great! In the meantime, I'll keep nagging that side of the family for more information! ha!

New Mexico
reviews: 10
3. Re: LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

Just to update you that Black Jacks is no more.

There is a new restaurant in that space but reports are that it isn't very good.

Estellas is a very good choice. Authentic New Mexican food.

I will also suggest Dicks. They have a dining room in the back and the food is very good.

As to finding the Bike race, there should be sign around town. It won't be hard to find.

Rio Rancho, New...
4. Re: LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

Hello!

Well..we made it to the KOA in Romeroville for meeting up with family and camping for the weekend.

The races were fun. The best I can describe is that we took I think it was 283 W, and then we followed the trail signs that took us off the paved road and onto dirt a dirt road. We went through a tiny town that had an old church, a bridge and small stream. Then we came upon a beautiful meadow..where the RV's were parked and that is where they created the riding trials for the races.

Beautiful day and a great place to ride!

We also made a trip up to the Victory Alpaca Ranch in Mora - that was interesting and fun too.

Just wanted you to know that we finally got to see our niece race! :0)

5. Re: LV,NM- Dirt Bike Races next weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 09, 2010