We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting white sands missile museum

Which Las Cruces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yardley pa
reviews: 47
Visiting white sands missile museum

I will be driving a rental car when visiting the missile museum. Are the rental car agreements sufficient as the registration and proof of insurance required for entrance? I do not buy the additional insurance on the rental car as my American Express Card covers it but I have no proof of that. I am sure many others waive the insurance on the rental cars and visit the Missile Museum. Anyone know the details about this as I do not want any difficulties when I get there. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
1. Re: Visiting white sands missile museum

I really have no idea, but you don't have to get a car pass, you can just walk to the museum from the Visitor Center. http://www.wsmr-history.org/directions.htm So if the documentation you have doesn't work, you have the option of walking.

yardley pa
reviews: 47
2. Re: Visiting white sands missile museum

Thank you . Good to know, I won't worry then.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 196
3. Re: Visiting white sands missile museum

agreed-- we parked and walked. We always rent a car and never get the extra insurance. However, we do carry our proof of insurance that we carry on our vehicles at home (if that makes sense) :)

Reply to: Visiting white sands missile museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted